Luck with goldfish

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by typer181, Sep 14, 2005.

1. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Hey everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I have been having great luck with live goldfish for flatheads and blues. We pulled in 4 flatheads between 8 and 20 lbs, and a 24 lb blue, in an 8 hour period. It was great to actually catch something, the summer has been hot and dry in Indiana and it has made the fishing terrible. Good luck out there!

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    Where do you normally get the goldfish, and how big are the goldfish you are using.

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    The local bait shop sells goldfish for $8 per pound. I try to get ones that are at least 4" long, and I always try to get a couple big ones ( up to 12"). Hook them through the eyes and give half of their tail a chop. I tried to buy goldfish at the pet section at wally world, but they wanted $4 each. That would make for an expensive fishing trip! Live creek chubs have been working well too!

4. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    That's what we'll be using this weekend! We had great luck on golds last weekend. We're going to catch a big fattie!! :cool:

5. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Wish I could use goldfish but they are illegal to use in this bait. :sad: Heard they work great.