luck on the river - Any fish being caught on the cumberland river? Catfish?

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by sleazyj187, Apr 8, 2009.

1. sleazyj187

sleazyj187 New Member

State:
    montana
    I was wondering how everyone was doing on the cumberland river as far as catfish or anything else with all this heavy rain fall and murky water. I plan on heading out friday night to cumberland steam plant and fish all night till saturday afternoon, i will post my results later on in the week.

2. Brad30110

Brad30110 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    We spent a few hours at the steam plant this morning. Seen some small catfish pulled out, the largest being 9lbs... Stripers were doing pretty good but on the smaller size at around 7-8 lbs apiece. Mostly large gizzard shad running the walls with a few threadfin's (yellows). Large shiners were catching the majority of the fish. We also fished Elk Creek which is down the river a bit and caught some huge skips, largemouth and some yellow bass. Overall not bad.

3. sleazyj187

sleazyj187 New Member

State:
    montana
    thanks for the update, i'm glad to see that the river is still producing some good sized fish

4. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    i went out fishing on friday the 10th at the steamplant from like 9am to 4pm and didnt catch a single thing. Then i went out with my buddy to the fair grounds in clarksville for shits and giggles and in 45 mins we had caught a 3lb,6lb and 17lb blue. but that was after all the rain and everything.:wink: