LOZ state park fishing

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by bigBB, Feb 14, 2008.

1. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    Hey guys.. next month a buddy and I are going to try our luck at lake of the ozarks. We will be camping at the state park and fishing from a boat etc. Any advice anyone would like to give for catting in that part of the lake would be great. I've fished from the bank and various docks around the lake over the years but finally have a boat to use. Thanks in advance..

2. Flat_Cat

Flat_Cat New Member

State:
    Higginsville, MO
    If they are running water, I'd fish below the dam.

Brent

3. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have to agree go by the dam.

4. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    i am showing my ignorance of the lake here.. but how far from the park is the damn?

5. troutline

troutline New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We have a lakehouse down there. When you know when you are going if we are down there give us a buzz and I can introduce you to a friend that lives down there and all he fishes for are cats. He does really well. Good luck.

6. Flat_Cat

Flat_Cat New Member

State:
    Higginsville, MO
    I would guess about 5 miles........Just cross the Grand Glaize bridge ( or however it's spelled) and keep going until you cross the river.

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Theres a ramp below the dam ,if there running water that would be better than on the lake ,it has been 15 years since i fished there but theres some great fishing when there letting water out.

8. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    thanks for the tips guys... if they are running water i will for sure put in down there... i can't wait.. like everyone else i am more than ready for spring and getting some lines wet.