LOZ snagging reports

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Jagerace, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    How about anyone who has been out yet this season post about their trip. MM, sizes, time of day ect. Trying to figure out wheres the best spot to go during the middle of next week. Feel free to report from other bodies of water too.

Opening day thru Wed we snagged below bagnell limiting out 4 of us each day. Most fish were between 25 and 35lbs. All caught either in the predawn darkness or just after first light. Once the boats started coming in groups the fish scattered.

Friday we snagged on the Missouri River itself near Columbia. We boated 6 fish. 5 were keepers. The biggest being 41lbs. Middle of the afternoon.

2. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    How many asian carp did you hit on the Missouri?

We snagged Bagnell last Wednesday and got three. I wanted to get up there and start at daylight, but had to wait on people. When we left around 4:00, they were picking up fish pretty regularly from the bank below the bridge. Our biggest was about 35 lbs.

3. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    Lake of the Ozarks

Friday March 20th...
    snagged Brown Bend. Water 48 Degrees. Snagged from noon to 7:00 with no luck. Only one boat with spoonbill.

Saturday March 21st...
    snagged from Warsaw to Old Oar House. Water 46-48 Degrees. Very few fish. Some on boats around 65 Highway bridge and at second powerline crossing. We snagged a 40 lb female around 5:00PM. Lots of boats. Very few fish.

4. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri

We only caught 5 trash fish total. 3 asians and a couple gar. Looks like I might end up somewhere around Hiawatha either this weekend or during the week next week.

5. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havet been snagging yet but hopefully around june im going to go to Kentucky Dam and try snagging some spoon bills there is always some big fish being pulled from there.

6. bluetick1897

bluetick1897 New Member

State:
    missouri
    What type of areas do you snag on the missouri river? Depth, Channel, behind dikes, sand flats? Always wondered about trying the river but there isn't any dams to pin point them.

7. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

Reports I've been getting Is around the 51-56 mm on LOZ and several boats hammerings them:cool2:

8. 270shortmag

270shortmag New Member

State:
    Olathe Ks

I love snagging the river. I like behind dekes and feeder creeks. If there Is water In the feeder creeks I like to enter the creek and snag. I usually go In app. 100 yards. Hope this helps and good luck:cool2:

9. river_runner_85

river_runner_85 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Missouri
    We snagged horeshoe bend at Truman on opening day. No luck. Also snagged Osceola that afternoon. Again no luck. Many boats were out but not alot of fish. The next day we went to Warsaw. Only saw a few boats and no fish. Went down this last weekend and tried again. No luck. Do not know where they are at. Going back down this weekend and doing it all over again. Not sure where we are going yet, but hopefully we can get into them.

10. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    I read a report on another forum where they murdered the paddlefish between MM 49-56 this past weekend. The guy had a pic of an 81 pounder that he got and also one of about 20 paddlefish piled up that everybody in his group caught. Talk about a mess of fish!

11. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    Seth we are headed down tomorrow morning to Roscoe any idea where they hooked all those fish???:confused2:

12. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    No idea on what's happening at Truman. The fish I was referring to were caught on LoZ. Sorry...:embarassed:

13. bhuey29

bhuey29 New Member

State:
    Excelsior SpringsMissouri
    We are staying in warsaw and comming doen in the morning. Not sure where we will end up be the end of the weekend. Depending on what we hear we may stay on LOZ or go back to Roscoe if we hit them well.....

Who knows.

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Brad.

15. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was on Lake Ozarks from Warsaw to below the second power line. I'm starting to see a few more spoonbill each day. Still not great. Good luck this weekend if you go. Water temp was around 50 in the main channel.

16. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    Looks like we can expect the water temps to drop thanks to the incoming weather. I wonder how many days it will take to recover from 10 days of cold temps...and possibly snow!:crazy:

17. Jagerace

Jagerace New Member

State:
    Columbia Missouri
    Well we went down to LOZ at the last minute Tues night, stayed through thursday. 2 of us caught 5 fish. Biggest were 61 and 51lbs. The others were males. Snagged from 55mm to the 49mm. Caught all but 1 fish near the 51mm. Not very many others boats and only 2 had fish. Only saw 1 caught.

18. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Looks like Ive got everything set up to fish the April 25th Old Oar House tournament at LOZ. Hopefully the fish are around during that time. Might try some crappie fishing also. Is there any good public areas around there to hunt mushrooms? Never hunted for them down that way.

19. Catfish_Calvin

Catfish_Calvin New Member

State:
    Nauvoo, Il
    Looks like Ive got everything set up to fish the April 25th Old Oar House tournament at LOZ. Hopefully the fish are around during that time. Might try some crappie fishing also. Is there any good public areas around there to hunt mushrooms? Never hunted for them down that way.

20. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Truman Lake has a lot of public ground to look for mushrooms. You could stop by the Project Office on the South West side of Truman Dam and get a map. You could also contact MDC in the Clinton or Sedalia Office for MDC management area maps on Truman Lands. Phone numbers to call are Corps in Warsaw 660-438-7317, Clinton MDC 660-885-6981, and Sedalia MDC 660-530-5500. Hope this helps.