LOZ last week, great fishing with pics

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Catfish Pursuit, May 23, 2007.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was on vacation all last week and fished just about every day just downstream of the Harbor at a few hot spots. May 18th I caught a 57, 42, and three others that were over 15. Went again on the 20th and caught a 37 and a 24. Have a few pics, one of the 57 and 42 in the boat. They were all released after I got them weighed and swam off fine, I was worried since I had that 57 out of the water for a little while but it swam off fine. Chris

Attached Files:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Nice looking fish - sounds like you had a pretty good vacation. Your timing was certainly good, with them just starting to release water. I hear it's really rolling through the dam now but the fishing is still good.

Hoping I can get down there on Memorial Day...

3. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Chris sounds like you had a good time. I would love to spend a week down there right now. Did you have your best luck on shad heads or sides? I was down there on the 17th and 18th and caught more fish on sides but my biggest fish came off a head.

4. Rootwad

Rootwad New Member

State:
    Platte City, MO
    Nice fish! Thanks for sharing the pictures..

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I caught the biggest fish on a "chunk". I was using heads and then just cutting the shad from top to bottom in 1 inch sections but it really didn't matter. Oh, shad are stacked up on the Harbor finally, easiest to find after dark. I was averaging 5-8 on each throw and they were big dudes. I probably saw you down there, I was in a 14 foot Jon boat pulled by a black Durango. Just me and my blue eyed dog as always. Chris

6. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri

I think I remember a guy launching a Jon boat boat with a black truck, But I don't remember seeing a dog. Does your boat have a pretty new 2 stroke Merc. ? If so I was standing on the walk talking to an older gentleman. my boat was tied to the dock(camo seaark 20ft.) Anyway Thanks for the info. I wont be going down over this holiday weekend (to many boats) but hoping to get back there the following weekend. Good Luck
    Rob

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    nice fish the bite is really on now. with my luck it will turn off by sat. i cant get out til saturday. so you guys get out there and get all you can, come sat. i'm gonna get em all................lol good fishing guys