LOZ Gravois Area

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gefvxd, Sep 8, 2009.

1. gefvxd

gefvxd New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey BOC. I was just wondering if anybody knows of any areas around the gravois arm or Indian creek that has good fishing. Any hints or help is appreciated. Thanks! Gabe

2. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    First off WELCOME TO THE BOC Gabe. I wish I new that area. But someone on here will be on in a while that will be able to help. That is what is great the BOC everyone willing to help.

Tom

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Gabe. Same here. I do not fish the area.

4. Gotbuck

Gotbuck New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    Gabe, Welcome. I fished that area heavily when I fished bass tournaments. Here is a site that talks about your area. It has a lot of references to bass but key info on where shad are and when they are there. I will have to get out my GPS location map and shoot you some spots I've tried with great success on flatties and channels.

http://www.anglersfishinginfo.com/articles/loz/2008/loz200811.htm

5. catfishbuck

catfishbuck New Member

State:
    Missouri
    First of all welcome to the BOC. I fish that area and a couple of spots are on Mill Creek and Indian Creek coves---generally off of a point in 20-30 feet of water. Lots of shad on Indian Creek area. The fishing for blues has been slow this year for me at least compared to last year when I caught lot fish everytime out. Having said that I fished for 4 hours Thursday and not one bite and then wamm--I caught a 30#er. Good luck on fishing there.

6. larry again

larry again Active Member

State:
    missouri
    hi GABE, years ago we use to fish Indian creek cove this time a the year and catch lots of white bass. the shad would school up in the back half indian creek cove ,throw a white spoon into the school of shad let it fall threw the shad .if we could get below the white bass on a slow yo yo retrive, I caught a lot blues & channels 5 to 20 lbs . what a fight on a bass rod ,look for the shad,find the shad,find the fish:smile2:. use shad and fish below the shad and let the wind blow you threw the shad:smile2:. hope this helps.