loz fishing trip

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by curt, Jul 16, 2008.

1. curt

curt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I fished saterday night at the loz around mm 11 by the toll bridge. I set out 15 jugs with 2 hooks each using live bluegill and cought 10 channel in about 20 feet of water 4 to 10 foot deep. No blues or flats. Talked to a guy fishing the bluffs in that area and he caught 3 flats in that many days. Sunday night I went below bagnel and drifted using cut shad had one small blue and a couple channel. All the flood gates were open but just cracked. Talked to a couple different guys and no good reports. I trolled crankbaits monday night and got several hybrid bass and some black bass. Hooked on walleye but it tangeled in one of my lines and got off. Fishing was tuff but I still had a great time the moon and cool breezes were nice

2. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Sounds like some good times. Are you mostly going in the evening right now or when?

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Curt glad you had a good time. No matter if you catch fish or not just being out there and enjoying what God has given us is a good time. Thanks for the post.

Tom

4. curt

curt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I set out the jugs at 5:00 pm and checked them at 10:00 and in the morning. I drifted at night, and trolled in the evening.

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Missouri law requires that jug lines be personally attended at all times unless they are "permanently anchored" - setting them out and then coming back a few hours later to check them won't fly.

It's not clear from your post whether you were watching them or not so figured I'd post a little reminder for anyone who doesn't know...

There's a lot of other useful information in the document I wrote up about the fishing regulations as they apply to catfishermen - take a look if you haven't... http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63156

6. curt

curt New Member

State:
    missouri
    I anchore them with a concrete anchore that is shaped like a bowl.