LOZ Blues on TV

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Holy cow!

Just got done watching an episode of "American Outdoorsman" and they were fishing on the upper Lake of the Ozarks. Absolutely tore up the blue cats - I think I saw them catch at least 5, maybe 6 or 7 that were well over 30 lbs each. It was winter - probably late winter / early spring as they weren't dressed like eskimos or anything.

Couldn't tell exactly where they were, but they started out in the harbor at Warsaw, netting shad and then headed downstream - the lake was about 1/2 mile wide where they were fishing, so it must have been a ways down the lake. Anchored next to a drop-off and using cut shad.

The one thing they had that we don't right now was a real good current -- the river was moving pretty fast so it must have been a few years ago or so (back when it rained the last time!)

Anyway, I'm about as cranked-up about going fishing as I can be...

2. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Marty that could have been early last spring when they were releasing water from Truman to raise LOZ.;) Fishing this lake ALWAYS gets me cranked up because I know there are some big bad blues just waiting for the bait.:)

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    You better get that new rig out and cure some of that fever Marty.
    I'm going in the morning to try and cure some of mine.
    Jeff lived about a mile down the road from me. The last I knew he moved back to Grand lake in Ok. I know hes guideing there and I'm sure he might do some here if you could schedule it with him. I believe that was taped a few years ago.

4. Boogan1

Boogan1 New Member

State:
    Carrollton, MO
    Unfortunately I missed the show yesterday, darn it! But I did get to fish with Jeff last year, he was awesome to fish with, didn't mind showing me things and sharing his knowledge. Wish I could have seen the show. Boog

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Looks like it'll be mid-March before I could get down there to fish -- which, I just realized, is just about the same time as snagging season. So maybe it's not worth the trouble -- going out on a weekend and trying to anchor near the channel with all those yahoos zooming up and down the river just sounds like a bad idea... Think maybe I'll stay up on Truman instead or try to sneak down during the week when nobody's looking...

6. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    That would be Jeff Williams. I went out with him last spring he knows his catfish. I am going out tomorrow(Friday the 24th). I'll let ya'll know if I get in to em.

7. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    Hey I just caught Sundays rerun of the show and I recognized each location. One has been my #1 spot for a long time.

8. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Wouldnt ya know I dont have cable and get it. :crying:

9. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If I can see the tape I bet we could figure it out pretty quick. Ron could be a real sport and let us in on all those locations he noticed....If all else fails Jess Ive can get some wild turkey for negociations....

10. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Is that anywhere near the lake??:p

11. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    No secrets really guys. One location is around the 86 or 87 mm where there are some docks on the south side of the river. One is east of the Ole Oar house just off the channel on the Arrowhead side, the other is my tried and true #1 spot.