loz blues catfish

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfish Wizard, May 21, 2009.

1. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    :big_smile:We have had several great trips the last 3 weeks at night.But my fishing buddy got his best ever blue 45lb and 35lb tues night.Cut shad. Good job JR . We return all fish after taking pics over 10lb We keep mostly eaters around 3 to 5 lb . We never kill fish over 10lb.No reason to do that. Pic last alot longer, and the fish lives on to fight another day. Everyone should do the same. Good luck to all LET THE BIG FISH FIGHT ANOTHER DAY.:0a23:

2. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the report, Dan.

And double kudos for practicing Selective Harvest. Wish everyone who fished down there would do it - we'd have one helluva trophy blue cat fishery!

3. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Tell your buddy congrats on his pb. I like to see people set a new PB. I agree with Marty on the selective harvest. Keep it up.

Tom

4. IBEW_124_BROTHER

IBEW_124_BROTHER New Member

State:
    MO
    more people shoulg let the big ones go! hat s off to you bro!

5. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    congrats on the big fish !!!! :big_smile: way to go !!!!!:wink:

6. jdwizard

jdwizard New Member

State:
    Independence, Missouri
    For my 40th birthday Dan(catfishwizard) took me out on the fishing trip of my life.Ended up with my P.B. 45# Blue and time of my life!! Thanks Danny I really felt good putting those fish back in the water, to be in another picture another day. Thanks agian Danny!!!!!

7. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jasen. Also live in Independence.

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Congrats on a new personal best and reps to you for the selective harvest. That is an amazing fishery down there and with more people like you it will only improve.