loz blue catfish, another pb for a friend

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfish Wizard, Jun 8, 2009.

1. catfish Wizard

catfish Wizard New Member

State:
    Independence missouri
    Sat night took a friend fishing and he got his personal best 30lb blue 20,14,5lb and 3lb All on shad He was very execited. We fish about 6 hours it was very nice out bite was not real good even though we got some nice fish. My step dad was out and he cought several fish about 3/5 lb and then the bite shut down when they slowed the water down.We fished in 32 ft water and so did my step dad.He fished with small chunks of shad and we fish wilth heads,sides chunks and whole shad all were about the same for us,but we only cought the 5 fish and step dad said maybe 10 to 12 fish for him.ALL FISH OVER 10LB WENT BACK AFTER PIC TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY:big_smile: Good job Bruce.

Attached Files:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nice fish Dan and congrats again to your friend! I fished all day Sunday and it was really slow, only a few dinks and a decent hybrid. Was nice talking with you guys again! Chris

4. Cut bait

Cut bait New Member

State:
    MISSOURI
    What time did the water shut off?

5. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was out there fishing just downstream from Catfishwizard, if I remember right it was about 11pm or so when they slowed it down. Water is still running just not through the spillway gates. Chris

6. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go congrats on the nice fish !!!!! great story and great pics !!!!:wink:

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great trip. Wish I was there with you. Reports like that make me want to hook the boat back up.

8. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
  9. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO

Nice job on your personal best bluecat Bruce and I'm glad to hear about the release too. :wink: