LOZ below Truman Dam

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Went fishing below Truman Dam yesterday. Got to Warsaw and got a call from one of my employees. He was broke down in his boat about a mile below the 65 bridge. Put in and went and towed him back to Drake Harbor. Went and got bait in Drake Harbor. The shad was pretty easy to find. Started fishing about 3 and fished until 1 am sunday morning. Caught 6 from about 2 to 8 pounds. Fish were not agressive. The only hard take down we had was the 8 pounder. The rest just wanted to peck at it. The wife out fished me again. Going to have to leave her at home:wink::smile2:. Adam (adam1886) said we were going to have to get her a row boat:smile2:. He is getting tired of getting out fished by her. All the fish but one came out of deep water about 30 ft. Couldnt buy a shallow water bite except one and that was a 2 pounder. Ran into Robert at the city park ramp. Good to see ya again Robert. Also meet up with Chris (ccso640). Hope you and the young man had better luck after we left. No matter what we had a great time. Cant wait for the next time.
    Tom

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Tom! sound like you have the same problem I do. the wife always out fishes me. maybe we should put them two together in the same boat, so we can catch some fish..LOL..Sounds like you had a descent evening of fishing! Thanks for the report.

3. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom, was good to meet up with you again and THANKS for the sinkers, super cool of ya! We didnt catch anything after we met up with you before going to point. A few peck peck bites but that was it. We kept 2 for the whole day, one in the 8-10 pound range and one smaller. Water temp was down about 10 degrees from last week, at least thats what I'm going to blame it on. Chris

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That sounds like a plan Rusty. Your welcome Chris. Glad to do it for ya brother. I just wish you could have gotten your fishing partner for the night into a good blue. Oh well there is always something to look forward to next time.

Tom

5. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I hope the fishing picks up a little my best friend from childhood is finally coming home from serving in the air force and going to warsaw is all he has been able to talk about. Im sure we will have a great time no matter what though. My dad went and said he caught three little guys and a decent hybrid. He also said there was abouta two pound dead crappie floating in drake harbor what a shame!

6. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Fished friday night and saturday night, caught some pretty good fish friday two in the twentys and one little over 30, saturday night we caught more fish than friday night but biggest was around fifteen. Chris and Tom it was good to see you guys again. All bigger fish was released. Here is a few pics.

Attached Files:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Hey Chris.....never saw you post up any pics of that NEW SeaArk!!!!

lets see some details, lookin' good!

8. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    Well here you go skippy.

Attached Files:

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    SWEET!!!!!

Now some details please.........congrats on a NICE RIG!!! Reps!

10. CATMAN1979

CATMAN1979 New Member

State:
    WARSAW MO
    2007 20 72 SEAARK V-CAT ICE BLUE MARBLE CHIP ZOLOTONE 150 HP EVINRUDE IT IS THE MOTOR OFF MY OLD BOAT JUST HAD IT OVERHAULED LAST YEAR, 60 GALLON LIVEWELL MINNKOTA 80# TROLLER HUMMINBIRD 787C GPS CHARTPLOTTER ON CONSOLE HUMMINBIRD 565 IN FRONT. IT IS NOT THE PARTICULAR COLOR I WANTED BUT I COULDNT BEAT THE PRICE. FAR AS OVERALL IM REALLY HAPPY WITH IT SPECIALLY WITH THE RIDE.

11. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Anyone fishing from the banks?

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hey Chris (catman1979) It was good to talk to ya again. Maybe next time I will get into them. Still having a great time fishing down there though. I probably just need to learn to sit tight when I am catching a few:eek:oooh:. I still catch more down there than on the river.

Tom