LOZ at Warsaw

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mr.T, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Dad and I are going out Saturday and thought we might try drifting on the upper Osage river at Warsaw. But I've never fished from a boat on that river - used to spend day after day fishing from the bank there as a kid though -- so I'm not sure where we might want to go or if it's even worth bothering with right now since they're not running any water.

I'm thinking we'd start up up at the no boats zone below the dam and then drift down to the Hwy 65 bridge or so. Of course, with no moving water, that may be easier said than done.

Any pointers?

2. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Looks like saturday is going to be nice out. They are calling for 70 I think. With no water running it makes the drifting pretty slow unless you have some wind. Try useing a trolling motor to help you move a little. That or find the fish and anchor up. There is a good hole right below the oar house docks against the bluff wall that has been holding a lot of fish, you may want to try there if the drifting is too slow.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Mr.T, for lake of the ozarks forecast information you can contact Ameren UE at (573) 365-9205

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for the info Troy - never been down by the Oar House so may have to go check it out. Suppose it'd be a good opportunity to get more familiar with the fish finder too...

-Marty

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    We wound up staying on the lake instead.

I was out flying yesterday just for fun and followed the river from the dam all the way down to the Oar House at about 1000 ft - the water is unbelieveably clear and shallow -- I could clearly make out the bottom over most of that route, with only a few places where it was obviously a little bit deeper. I don't know when they ran water at the dam the last time, but it must have been quite a while ago for as clear as the water was.

6. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Caught a 7 lb Channel and a 5lb blue and a few crappie over on the dead water side. seems that the cats are starting to get after it. :)

7. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Thinking about going down to the damn seems I do best on the worst days