Lowrance522c vs Eagle642c

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by shadow628, Mar 4, 2007.

1. shadow628

shadow628 New Member

State:
    New York
    HI Am in the market for a new finder.Have it narrowed down to either the Lowrance522c or Eagle642c.Am wondering if the extra power of the Lowrance is worth it in less than 100ft of water or would I be just as happy with the Eagle.Would love to hear from anyone who has either of these units or any other thoughts on the subject. Thanks in advance.First post. Dave

2. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Always choose more power.

3. drifter106

drifter106 Member

State:
    kansas
    I fish in Kansas and you would be hard pressed to find or even fish in water deeper than 50 ft. You will never utilze that extra power that the Lowrance provides if you fish in water shallower that 50 ft. I have had both Lowrance and Eagle products and find both to be acceptable

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    The extra power gives better resolution and separation of targets; it's not just for penetrating deeper water.

My 4000 watt Lowrance LCX-25C sees things in 30 ft of water that my 1500 watt Eagle 480 can't.

More power is always better.

5. drifter106

drifter106 Member

State:
    kansas
    From the Eagle Website...

http://www.eaglegps.com/Support/FAQ/faq_sonar.htm#whichpower

Eagle puts out 1500, Lowrance provides 2400.

From the website...under 200 ft. a 600 watt unit will provide enough power for most fisherman. The unit in question will provide 1500. Is 2400 overkill for water less than 200 feet?

Good to see that you are getting the most out of your Lowrance unit.

The only reason I came back with info to support my recommendation is that I too thought the same thing for a long time AND if I would of had factual information at that time I would of saved some $$.

Please don't take this post in a negative way....:wink:

6. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    If you're gonna quote from the website, quote the whole thing:

That's essentially what I said in my original post: Better resolution for small targets.

If 600 watts was all anyone ever needed, do you *really* think Lowrance would go to the expense of engineering and producing models that put out 4000 watts or more, all while hoping that the word didn't get out that all us dumb fishermen were wasting our money on all that power?

7. Rivercat2

Rivercat2 New Member

State:
    Morton,Illinois
    I have the lowrance 520c and love it I would recomand it to any one. My old unit was a Eagle and they simiular but I prefer the Lowrance.