Lowrance X96

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by dlongmo, Aug 10, 2009.

1. dlongmo

dlongmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anyone know about the X96 Lowrance?

2. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    i got one and like it, just starting to really learn how to use it though.:wink:

3. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    I would save my $$$$ for a HDS model instead. The 96 looks to be using the same software they have had out for a long time and just in new packaging. Still a great unit and still priced well for the options but it does not have anything my LCX15mt does that is 8 years old. Buy the HDS with GPS capabilties and next year buy the upgrade for sideview they are making for all the HDS. If my 15mt fried out tommorow I would consider nothing less than the HDS series.

4. swamplvr

swamplvr New Member

State:
    Western Mo
    here is a video that explains a lot about what you see on your monitor. I know it is put on by some crappie fishermen but the fella knows his stuff and anyone can customize his teachings to catch any kind of fish.

Scroll down until you see the video screen and fast forward to about the 40min mark unless you want to hear about crappie fishing and the texas crappie assoc. They put out some informative videos on crappie fishing.

http://www.crappieclub.org/Meetings/2009/tabid/57/Default.aspx