Lowrance X91

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by ragdaddy, Nov 12, 2008.

1. ragdaddy

ragdaddy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Anybody using a X91 or ever used one.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Nope,

Welcome to the BOC this site is full of good info and great people

3. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Mike ,

Welcome to the BOC/SOC from So.Alabama

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

5. ragdaddy

ragdaddy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    My x91 doesn't work right I don't know if it's the transducer or head unit. It gives off a reading but is seldom if ever right. I made the mistake of routing the transducer cable through the coiled cord of my minnkota powerdrive trolling motor. Any ideas of how to check it?

6. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you need to get that transducer cable away from any other wires to prevent interference but that trolling motor cord should not affect it unless the trolling motor is running... what kind of trouble is it giving you...

7. ragdaddy

ragdaddy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I redid the wire route it used to give interference when the motor ran so i changed it.Now it gives the wrong depth sometimes and wont give proper fish signals either.

8. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    does it show fish symbols or sonar arches? when is it showing the wrong depth? drifting ,trolling speeds or running fast?

9. ragdaddy

ragdaddy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was only using it on the trolling motor so just trolling speeds.Once I took the transducer off the motor and made a temporary mount off the side of the boat to no avail . I did set it show arches I learned that symbols were not accurate according to what I've read.

10. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    hmmmmm:confused2: is the t-ducer angled up or down? how are the wires connected to the battery? ring terminals or clamps ..are the wire conections tight on the battery ?

11. ragdaddy

ragdaddy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I have tried several ways to wire it the last was direct wires to the battery when I took it off the motor I had it on a pvc pipe and aimed it lots of ways as tests. Have to visit with the family now. Later Thanks.