Lowrance X70A

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by jpn, Jul 17, 2007.

1. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Does anybody local work on these. I called Lowrance and of course i have equipment that is outdated and no parts can be found. Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    I feel your pain!
    That was a darn good unit. When mine died they told me the same thing and offered me an upgrade with a discount. The new model wasn't as good as the old X70A. That's progress for you...W

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I don't know of anyone that works on Lowrance electronics, and I would be hesitant to use anyone that is not factory certified since much of their electronics are proprietary.

With the age of the unit, it will cost you most to work on it than it is worth. Time to upgrade to some color and built in GPS.

Here is a link to the manual: http://www.lowrance.com/manuals/Files/X70a3d.pdf

4. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I think I will call lowrance and see if they will spot me some credit. A few buddies said they had heard in some instances they will do that. I've been wanting to upgrade i rekun now I'll have an excuse.
    Thanks again

5. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Go ahead and turn loose of some more of that money....:smile2:

6. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    come on cmj how bout you spotting me about a grand and i'll by me whatever you want.:smile2:

7. CMJ

CMJ Guest

Hey, If I had a grand to spend it would be on me....:smile2: I would probably save it to use down at your neighbors house, you know, the boat place...:wink:

8. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You just need to go ahead and come on down and I'll introduce ya to sam of Sam's Boat he is a great guy. It's pretty easy financing just 1 simple payment :wink:. And we all know that you got it Jeff. Hey were having a pianist at :big_smile:church tomorrow at 4:00. Yall come on to solid rock babtist church in franklinville on wicker lovell rd. on sun.:004: