Lowrance x510c

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by tbull, Dec 22, 2008.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am having a problem with this unit pretty much losing its sensitivity. I am running 2 units, a lowrance x510c, and a hummingbird 797csi2. I noticed the other day the my lowrance was not picking up fish, over places there are ALWAYS fish. The bird I use just for side imaging, but just for the heck of it, I switched the bird over to sonar and wouldnt you know it, there were fish arches everywhere, like I thought there would be. I keep having to do a manual reset of the lowrance for it to pick its sensitivity back up. Anyone else have the problem before, and what may be causing this?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Travis, there is something going on, for sure. You may have a transducer going/gone bad. Check to be sure the bottom of the transducer is clean and adjusted properly first; do you have a buddy with a similar unit that you could swap long enough to determine the problem. I have a unit at Lowrance right now, they've had it since nov. 19, and I can't get it delivered because their " new computer system upgrade is still not up and running", so I wouldn't suggest sending one in for repair right away. My unit has been checked, and I'm supposed to get a new replacement, but the system won't let them ship it yet... :angry:

3. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    I have a x 51 and a 510 on my boat and haven't had any problems with them at all "love them" I can't run them at the same time are you running them together they might be interfering with each other , other than that I would agree with blackwater check that the transducer clean and is it aimed right??
    If that's not it, might be time for a trip to Lawrance for a check-up..
    Good Luck
    Puddle

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its weird, I took the boat to test run it to a local lake last week in the Lowrance looked awesome, put it in the river and it goes to crap. The other day I barely even ran the humminbird at all...thanks for the input, we'll se how it goes, if not I may have to ship it back I guess...

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Reset to factory default settings and I'll bet it starts working again.

6. DH84

DH84 New Member

State:
    Eastern NC

You know i noticed this spring that when i was running my lowrance in the river and i was just below the dam, in the whitewater with alot of current it wouldnt mark anything, just flashed the last depth reading, but when i got back out in slower water it did fine, mines a little outdated its the LMS-160 but it is a lowrance.. maybe something similar is going on with yours?