Lowrance X135

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by DeerHunter01, May 14, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Lowrance X135

This will be the section if you have this unit or thinking about buying one to use while fishing.

This system is running right now about $400.00 in most stores it has a 480X480 Pixels and is 4000 Watt peak to peak power.

Welcome to tournament-grade LCD resolution and fish-finder performance with temp, Superb 480x480 pixel resolution
    5" diagonal high-contrast Film SuperTwist display with 16-level gray scale definition
    4,000 watts peak-to-peak power with depths to 1,000'
    Advancedwhite LED backlighting, and more
    High-speed 200 kHz Skimmer® transducer with built-in temp sensor
    Up to 60° of fish detection coverage with high sensitivity settings
    Sealed & waterproof
    Manufacturer's full one-year warranty.

More information will follow as this section builds.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    When setting up your fish finder it's very important to make sure you have it set up right , the transducer is very important to make sure its attached to your boat and positioned right for it too give you the best performance.

1. The transducer must have a smooth flow of water at all times.If its not put in a smooth water location then the interference caused bubbles and turbulence will show on the sonar display in the form of lines or dots when ever the boat is moving.

Some aluminum boats with strakes or ribs will create large amounts of turbulence at higher speeds. The best place on a aluminum boats are between the ribs closest to the engine.

Below is a picture attachment of the mounting of the transducer on the Transom of a boat. ( its not the greatest picture but it will show you what I mean)

The next picture is of the transducer in different positions to show how to get the best arches.

Attached Files:

3. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    When mounting the head of the sonar unit, always place it where you can see it as the driver, it does you know good if only the passengers can view it when your operating the boat.

One thing I found that helps out alot is the R-A-M Mounting system, it lets you move the unit around more free.

One thing I always try and tell people when they buy a unit, install it in your boat and take it out on the water, leave your fishing poles home. cause if you don't you will be wanting to fish instead of learning the system. Take your book with you and sit out there going over page by page on how the system works trying out all the buttons, there is always a fall back button on these units to re-set it back to factory if you mess it up.

Below is a picture of the X135 unit if it is set up right this is how your arches will look and the bottom of the river , lake or stream.

Attached Files:

4. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    How Sonar Works

Sonar has been around since the 1940s, so if you already know how it
    works, skip ahead to the next segment on the typographical conventions
    used in this manual. But, if you've never owned a sonar fish finder, this
    segment will tell you the under water basics.
    Sonar is an abbreviation for SOund NAvigation and Ranging, a technology
    developed during World War II for tracking enemy submarines.
    (Lowrance developed the world's first transistorized sportfishing sonar in
    1957.) A sonar consists of a transmitter, transducer, receiver and display.
    In simple terms, here's how it finds the bottom, or the fish:

The transmitter emits an electrical impulse, which the transducer converts
    into a sound wave and sends into the water. (The sound frequency
    can't be heard by humans or fish.) The sound wave strikes an object
    (fish, structure, bottom) and bounces back to the transducer, which
    converts the sound back into an electrical signal.
    The receiver amplifies this return signal, or echo, and sends it to the
    display, where an image of the object appears on the scrolling sonar
    chart. The sonar's microprocessor calculates the time lapse between the
    transmitted signal and echo return to determine the distance to the
    object. The whole process repeats itself several times each second.

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well last night my son and I fished the Ohio River we set up drift fishing and ran it about 1/4 mile drift. While drifting we were moving pretty good so I got some arches that were not too bad for a drift. We also got our lines on the screen as we dropped them straight down off the back of the Boat.

And then as we drifted we showed our bait dragging along under the boat, we ended up with four fish , all blues and lost 7 some of these fish may be coming off of spawn but man there belly's were full.

Picture Number # 1

Me and my son both dropped our fishing lines off the back end of the boat at the same time. the graph shows the lines dropping until it hits bottom , this just shows how sensitive these units can be.

Picture # 2

Shows a fish at 23 feet and both of our lines drifting at 29 and 31 feet. now remember when drifting your fish are not going to be a complete arch they will be more of a line or a small arch.

Picture # 3

Shows both lines dragging across flat bottom

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      27.6 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      42.6 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      39.6 KB
      Views:
  6. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Picture # 4

Shows a fish swims into the lines on the drift.

Picture # 5

Shows all four lines out drifting on different depths

Picture # 6

Shows two fish on the graph, at this time Ryan caught his 7 Pound bluecat, not sure if this is the fish on the left going after his bait or the fish right before his line but I took the picture and turned around and his rod went down, and he got the fish.

Attached Files:

• 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      36.7 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      50.4 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      55 KB
      Views:
  7. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Pictures 7 and 8 are a couple of the fish we got, from the drift. I hope some of these pictures can help someone understand that if you set your fish finder up and fine tune it, it will give you what you pay for.

I will try and get you some others the next time we get out.

Thanks D/H

Attached Files:

• 07.jpg
      07.jpg
      File size:
      41.1 KB
      Views:
    • 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      File size:
      48.9 KB
      Views: