Lowrance X-38

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Gordhawk, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with this particular depth finder. I bought a used boat & it has the Lowrance X-38 on it & I'm trying to learn how to use it to get the best results. I've read the owner's manual & either I don't know what I'm reading or the manual is not very helpful. Any help I could get with this would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to the world of depth finders.

2. RPnKC

RPnKC New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I have one that came with my boat 3 years ago. It works flawlessly, doesn't have much power, has a poor resolution screen, but again it works flawlessly. All I use mine for is bottom depth and for finding structure/holes etc. I think that a higher powered model is necessary if you want to find the thermocline, small baitfish, etc.
    I just power mine on, and then up arrow to "backlight" so I can see it in the dark. What exactly are you trying to get it to do? I have run through all of the functions, and used them all(except speed/temp) since I don't have that sensor. Will do my best to help.