Lowrance X-135

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by mperry, Jul 26, 2006.

1. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I posted this on another site and never got an answer so I'll try here. (Should have came here first) I have 2 X-135's on my boat. One on the bow and one in the console. The one in the console worked fine but it never did show a temp reading. Just flashed 32 all the time. The other day I got ready to take off and looked and it said to call customer service. Shortly after the screen went blank. I tried to turn it on and got a flash of light but that's about it. Anyone have any issues with these or no of any. I seem to remember someone saying that maybe there was a problem with them. The one on the bow so far is working great. Just don't want both of them to go out on me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Mike: I have been using the X135 for two years now and they work great, I have had a couple of small problems with them, one was the power cord where it plugged into the back one of the wires sticking out of the unit got bent, and then I had a problem with the transducer, where the unit had a wire break inside the wire behind the head unit where the wire was bent all the time. I have not heard to many problems with these units at all they seem to work very well..

Here is what I suggest you do: Call customer service at :

Call toll-free at 800-324-1356, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (9 a.m. to 4 p.m. October through March) Central Standard Time, Monday through Friday. Please be prepared to provide your unit's serial number.

Also if you unit is older then 1 year old, you will have to ship a check or money order in with your unit for $99.95 they will give you a tracking number of your unit, instead of them fixing your unit they will ship you a brand new unit updated with the latest stuff on it. Now if your unit is less then a year old it wont cost you a dime, but the tracking number has to be put on your check or money order plus the out side of the Box you ship in, and they will only tell you to send in the head unit with nothing else or the screws to tighten it down, bubble wrap your unit when sending it.

I hope this helps.. if there is anything else just ask.

3. mperry

mperry New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks. I'll give them a call. Just seems like I remember reading somewhere that a few people were having problems with them.