Lowrance Warranty

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Bigmagic, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    As some of you know I was having some trouble with my Lowrance X-15 the GPS worked fine but the sonar was scrambled and I couldn't use the MMC/SD cards in it even with a software update. Thus I used my trusty old X-97. Well about two weeks ago when I was busy with the Restaurant I sent it in to Lowrance. Guess what? They sent me a brand new one! Once again Lowrance has come thru with the type of service they are known for. I know of a lot of people who have had a positive experience with them and very few have had negative things to say. For me there is no other sonar system! Lowrance Rocks! See ya on the water!

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i with you on this one bigmagic. they done the same thing for my dad.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    You are absolutly Right Ron!!! about 7 years ago I purchased a eagle Optima paid around $450 for it and I was having trouble with it I sent it back in and to my surprise they sent me a new one there as good as gold. And just today my lovely wife bought me my Fathers day present A Brand new Lowrance LMS-339c DF igps. boy what a Lucky man I am!!!! So if there is a brother out there who would like to have a good used unit Eagle Optima I would make them a GOOD deal. I just put a brand new transducer on it I also have the case and all the instructions, Just pm me and Ill answer and get you fixed up.Bigcatman0816.:cool2:

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ron, question.. was it still in warranty?

I ordered a new Lowrance LMS 480 from Cabela's, started having problem the first month with the GPS, called Lowrance, I downloaded their updated software... cured the problem for three more months but then got another problem. Lowrance said they would fix it if I sent it to them. I called Cabela's, they said they would send me another new one that day, charge my credit card for another but give me a full refund when they received the faulty instrument.. including all postage. I got my new 480 in three days. UPS had already picked up the faulty one and I got credit a few days later.

5. Bigmagic

Bigmagic New Member

State:
    Edwards Missouri
    No it wasn't under Warranty, I had been having some problems with a card reader and they sent me a software update for my X-15 it didn't cure the problem with reading MMC/SD cards. I actually bought the X-15 used off Ebay from a Bass fisherman in KCKS. The sonar had scrambled brains from day one but the GPS did a fine job. I can't wait to get the new one on the water tomorrow. Personally I have never had a problem with any of my Eagle or Lowarance sonars. I sold a low end unit to one of the Oklahoma members a couple of years ago when I upgraded. Virtually every guide and top pro uses Lowrance not to mention a lot of the salt water guys as well. Both my thumbs are way up when it comes to Lowrance!

6. Burwell40

Burwell40 New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have an lms 332 that went haywire on the display. I shipped it in and, within a week, had a new one. Yeah, they're good machines and good support.

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Then that was excellent! That's great to know.
    I've had no more problem with the new 480, the first one was must been a lemon.