Lowrance Side-Viewing Technology

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by tbull, May 2, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Stumbled across this on you tube, for those who haven't seen it looks very similar to HB's SI. I am pumped to be able to have the 2D sonar of Lowrance which I personally think is the best, combined with the new side-viewing that I believe can be added on to the HDS models when it comes out...PRETTY SWEET!!:roll_eyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2KnC_mP0E8

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yep, I'm waitin too. Its one of the contributing factors that convinced me to get the HDS-7. Wonder what ($) they are gonna get for it?

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Just enough to get the blood pumping a little bit...:roll_eyes:

I was about ready to get the Humminbird, but I think I'll wait!

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Wouldn't it be cool if organizations like Consumer Reports would do a fishing issue with useful things like comparing HB 997/1197 vs Lowrance HDS/sidescan instead of fridges and vitamins...W

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    You would think they couldn't charge to much extra considering that right now the HDS-10 is already about the same price range as the 1197, surely to stay competitive I would hope they keep it reasonable, especially since someone may have already dropped a grand on a HDS-7 anyway, which is around the same as a 797..

6. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    thats die hard lowrance fans.....been fishing with my HB-SI for over a year, love it. what could lowrance offer me that I dont get with my HB? high definition...what is that? my arches look real clear:big_smile: 4000 watt... only choice on the HB is how big of screen do you want.

7. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thats nice Jerry. Whats the point of your post?

8. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Personal opinions are just that, hey it works for you and thats great. Personally I can't stand HB's 2D sonar, but thats just me. Everybody is different, best to stick with what works for you. Had a 797 on my boat and couldn't wait to get that thing off....LMAO!!:wink:

9. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    re-read and your right ....whats point. didnt mean to offend. just been hearing about lowrance si for long time, never see much about it. I have a lowrance on the front of my toon and wouldnt rule out another but I dont see that much difference in finding fish with either. sorry again

10. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    It was only a matter of time before Lowrance jumped on the SI wagon,it is the only way to compete w/ HB on the market.

11. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Lets think about it for a minute.
    H-Birds bread and butter has been the SI, teamed with average 2D graphics.
    Lowrance hits the market with the HDS units pushing broadband power and definition.
    All about the same time, Lowrance enters the SI market, and H-Bird comes out with an upgrade to clean up their 2D graphics.
    Technology trade? It's been done before.

12. tswebb71

tswebb71 New Member

State:
    So. IL
    IMHO, the software upgrade still doesn't compare to Lowrance!! :sad2:

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No offense taken bro, like I said what work for you works for you, and wouldn't make much sense to change it. I started out with an Eagle sonar, and went to Lowrance. Just hooked on the Lowrance sonar. Like everyone else though I am nervous about the price the Lowrance SI is going to cost. I would guess its a new transducer and some sort of software upgrade???Will be cool, can't wait though should have my HDS-7 in a couple weeks!:roll_eyes: