Lowrance seminars

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by slimcat, Nov 28, 2006.

1. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Has anybody on here been to any Lowrance seminars. I am curiuos to see if they are worth it.

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I didn't know about them.Give us some more scoop.:big_smile: :lol: I always go to the big fishing shows here in the area and corner the Lowrance rep.:lol: we discuss all the new stuff and what is on the way in the future but if they are conducting seminars on sonar use then it would probably be very worth while.:smile2:

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
  4. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    I have been to two of "Doc" Samsons classes, they are awesome he brings a lot of insite and knowledge on Lowrance products, very good instructor, plus he is on the water alot so his experience helps him to teach, he mainly is in Iowa, but I caught two of his classes in Michigan this year, he also has some DVD's out that I'm ordering which helps you with the new color graphs, he uses a laptop out on the water along with Fugawi mapping and Lowrance depth finders, his classes run 100 bucks, some are one day but most are two days and a full two days, sonar, gps and mapping but you come away with triple the knowledge that you had when you walk in, plus he can answer about any questions you have on Lowrance products...............Doc

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Marty, that site has some real good info. It's been updated since I last visited there. Thanks for the link.

Doc, that's good info too, although I suspect he is in the minute minority; I don't know of anyone who carries a laptop and all that other stuff along, but I recognize his seriousness, and appreciate it. :smile2:

6. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Yea bit of overkill but he is doing it for a living, so he needs all the tools he can get to make his job easier, paying off as he is one of the winningest tournament Walleye pro's out there............Doc

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Striper kings club here in greenville sometimes has someone from lowrance to come speak at their meetings but i have never been to one so i dont know what all they cover or talk about.

8. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    I am seriously thinking about attending one of DOc samsons seminars in January in Iowa. I think the seminar is from 5 till 8 oclock at night. It cost $80 but would be well worth the money. There are a lot of things to learn about the newer color fish finders and just fish finders in general. I really believe learning to read your finder is a key in really catching fish. There are so many ways to fish but getting set up on the hole or ledge is really key. Knowing how a certain piece of structure is lying in the water is also to me a key feature in catching or not catching fish. GOTTA LEARN MORE!!!:smile2:

9. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Also be sure to read all the articles on Doc Sampson's web site - I've picked up about a dozen things in the last couple of weeks that I'll put to good use out on the water.