Lowrance LMS-527 iGPS sonar

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by TNVOLCAT, Jul 15, 2007.

1. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm looking at getting one of these for my Dad's new boat. Do any of you have this model to give me a review of it or can tell me the pros and cons of this model based on others opinions?

2. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Brandon, I am not sure yet. As I just purchased one and installed it on the boat yesterday. It has alot more power than other units and alot, I mean a lot of features. You can go to lowrance.com and download a simulation for free and it lets you use all of the features before buying. I didnt know that until after I purchased mine but would have purchased it anyway. You can check out all of their models. I hope this helps. I am going to try mine out tomarrow and can barely wait.

3. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, thanks for the reply. I look forward to hearing about it. We still haven't made a purchase on a new unit. Been getting some other things squared away on the boat. It's got two lower end model Hummingbirds on it now that came with the boat that are useable for now. I think we're going to wind up going with a higher end Lowrance, like the LCX-27 w/ 7" screen or the LCX-37 w/ 8.4" screen. Going to wait till closer to Christmas to try to catch one on sale at Cabelas or Bass Pro.

4. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA

I look forward to hearing about it.