lowrance LMS 350A

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by fisherhead, Oct 12, 2009.

1. fisherhead

fisherhead Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a lowrance lms 350A sonar/gps combo. I can get a speed reading but can't get a temperature reading. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. Ken G

Ken G New Member

If you are getting a speed reading I'll assume you have a GPS antenna hooked up to the unit. Lowrance also offered a speed/temperature sensor (Lowrance ST-T) that mounted on the transom which had a speed wheel and a small copper colored temperature sensor. The speed wheels may be more accurate than the gps at trolling speeds but weren't real accurate at higher speeds. The speed/temperature sensors can sometimes be found on ebay and I may have seen one recently in the clearance bin at the local Bass Pro Shop in Cincinnati.

Later Lowrance models added a temperature sensor to some of the transducers and also had a stand alone sensor to read temperatures in bait tanks or livewells.

Edit: The ST-T sensor fits units with gray connectors. If your unit uses the black connectors you need the TS-1BK (I think). This will help confuse matters more.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2009

3. Jeremy Leach

Jeremy Leach New Member

State:
    Madison In
    I would say you need the transducer with the temp sensor!!!!!!

4. Ken G

Ken G New Member

I don't believe Lowrance ever made a transducer with a temp sensor for the LMS350a like they make for the newer models. The temp sensor was on the speed wheel.