Lowrance LMS-334c iGPS ?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Arkansascatman777, Feb 1, 2007.

1. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I just purchased a Lowrance LMS-334c iGPS for $500. I'm going to go to the web site and also have the book for this unit. Should I purchase the 2006 or 2007 hotspots card? What is the difference between the two? Any other feedback about this unit to help me get started would be greatly appreciated.

2. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Well I couldn't stand it any longer:lol: . I took a vacation day yesterday and hit the water with the new unit. It performed excellent, I was able to find bait fish easily compared to the old unit's that I have owned. Was also able to mark fish and then catch the fish that I marked:cool2: . Also using some of DH's tips from some of his post I was able to tell the difference from the scaled fish verses a smooth skinned fish. One of the spots marked we set up and caught 3 - 10 lb. fish in about 10 minutes. Released them and left and will return in the next tournament. I still have alot to learn about this unit but can tell that it was money well spent and will be another tool to make me a better catfisherman.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Johnny, I'm glad you're getting off to a good start with the new unit. As for the map card, I would definitely go with the '07 version, depending on price, of course. The Hot Maps Premium has been upgraded for '07, but I'm not sure about Fishing Hot Spots. Go online and check the latest data before you buy, would be my recommendation. Good Fishing!

4. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    Spend the money on the Navionics Hot Maps Premium card, 2006 or 2007 version depending on whether the maps for the lakes you fish have been updated or not.

The Navionics web site will show you what's been updated for 2007 and what lakes were also available in the 2006 version: http://www.navionics.com/HMPremium_07.asp

The 2006 card is a lot cheaper so get it if there's nothing significant that you need from the 2007 card.

Don't bother with the Fishing HotSpots card - the Navionics maps are far better.

5. Arkansascatman777

State:
    AR
    Thanks Tommy, The new hot spots premium for 07 is the one we went with and it arrived yesterday. Be glad to get back on the water and check it out.

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Does anybody know if the lower James River around Richmond, VA is on either the 06 or 07 version?

I didn't see it on the list for either year, but wondering if it may be included. Both cards have all the other bodies of water I fish, so having the James would have every location I fish.

Also, are the HD Surveys on certain lakes that much better than not having them? The '06 card has the lakes I fish, but the '07 has all 3 of them in HD.