lowrance lcx 17 m

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by PEE DEE RIVER RAT, Oct 22, 2006.

1. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

hello .. just wondering does any body run a lowrance x17 if so are you happy with the performance.. i will be getting one later this week. and hoping it performs as good as the specs. read.. i have been running a bottom line tournament 5100 very pleased with the performance of this unit.. the reason i am changing i need a gps.. i do a lot of night fishing on those really dark nights you may think you are on your spot but really you are not.. this is why i am opting for a gps unit..

2. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have used the 15 for 5 years and the 17 has even better resolution.In my opinion it is the best monochrome out there and it will do every thing you want.I would get the fishing hotspot map for your area and run that so you can actually GPS yourself on the structure.It is a great unit and I have navigated around Santee and the local rivers without looking.Of course my son continues to watch just to make sure but that GPS is very accurate and many a night have come back to the dock just using my previous trail.Go to Lowrances web site and download the Emulator and play with it all you want.:big_smile: :smile2:

3. PEE DEE RIVER RAT

PEE DEE RIVER RAT New Member

hey jim thanks for the info.. yes i cant wait to get it and install it and go to the lake and see what it will do.. yes i herd the old faitful was the 15.. hey thanks again and good luck fishing..
    alan in rockingham.. strike zone sport fishing..

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i just got the lowrance lcx 17m, I am still in awe of all the bells and whistles on this thing.