Lowrance LCX-111CHD sonar views

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Doctor, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    One of the great parts of this Lowrance is the unlimited recording of sonar views, as soon as I hit the water I put the unit in record mode and record everything from a days fishing, I can then download it to the computer and study areas, or take pictures of areas I have fished then put them on the web for people to see and ask questions, he is a good shot of fish stacked up on points on the Ohio River...........Doc

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3601/fish1dp0.jpg

2. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Here's a good picture of the double echo method that I like to use, structure that is hard shows up on the second echo generally it is superimposed on the second echo but you can see what I'm talking about, but something soft like the fish in the picture won't show on the second graph,notice there is no arch as I really think this fish was right on the edges of the beam, but I will still anchor down on a mark like this and give it a try we pullled a 21# Blue from this spot only minutes from placing baits on this structure, before we left I scanned the area and this fish was gone...............Doc

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2088/fishdeid0.jpg

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    That's cool, Doc. Those fish on the first picture looked hungry, LOL.

4. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    Good thread man. i like seein a real life screen shot like that.

I am a major rookie when it comes to readin my sonar. Posts like this are very helpful.

thanks
    rc

5. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Thx Doctor ive never seen fish stacked like that. Please keep the pics coming.

6. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    doc thanks for posting its nice to how that unit reads. its helpful to everyone.

7. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Tim, I know, from using the sonar viewer with my unit, that the pics don't do full justice to what you see on the unit on the boat. I fished with Roundhill recently and he had a 111 on his boat. My 337 will never be the same to me, LOL. I've seen a lot of sonar's in use, but the LCX-111 is absolutely the best I've seen, and I can read the screen easily from 5-6' away. I was at Basspro a couple of days ago and spent some time looking at Garmin, BottomLine, H'bird, eagle and lowrance in demo modes, and for clarity and interpreting the screen, the lowrance products were noticeably better, but the 111 stood out over all.
    I know that's just my opinion, and if people didn't like the other brands they'd be out of business, but I just didn't see anything that would draw me from lowrance products.

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Doc we need to get together. And run side by side. Let me mark the trees and stuff. Then you run over them and post both. That way people can't say that is not a tree or boat or what ever is there.
    Would love to see more shots.
    Can you do a video on it?
    Pete

9. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Maybe we can do that at the Fish and Camp, I'll get with Doc Samson as I know he records a lot of stuff then plays it back when he gives presentations.
    Might be able to put it in a power point prsentation, i'll figure it out.........Doc