Lowrance is really trying to help!!

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by FishinginDavenport, Jul 22, 2007.

1. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Since my previous post about my problems with the LCX25c there have been some changes. Friday I tried the new 25c that Lowrance had sent overnight. Within 10 minutes the same problem appeared that was on my first unit. On Saturday the Lowrance rep drove to where I keep the boat in the water and spent over 3 hours trying different combinations of power leads, transducers and checking voltages, connections and everything else in between. The second unit had the same problem as the first. He then drove an hour round trip and got his own 332 and hooked it to all my cables and it worked fine. Apparently I had got two bad units. He is going to send all units back so I wont have to mess with them and is working with customer service to come up with a different solution. While I am disappointed this has been going on since at least June 27 (almost a month now) someone is doing something to help. I will let you know how this plays out. Anyone else having problems with the 25c?

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Thanks for the positive feedback, Duane. Please let us know how things develop. That's a rare thing, for sure, no matter the brand name.

3. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    Mine works fine for the most part. I get the "gps module not responding" messages on occasion, but that's almost certainly due to having the module too close to the display unit, which they caution against.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    On a side note, I noticed today that they are looking for a customer service manager for their Customer Service department. Cross your fingers for me, I applied for it

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tony I hope you get the job. It would be great having a BOC member on the inside. I think they are a good company.:smile2:

6. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I called Lowrance again today to follow up the visit from the Lowrance rep on Saturday. I spoke with Greg and he informed me they would be sending out a LCX 26 to replace the two 25's I have had problems with. Said if they sent out a new 27 which replaced the LCX25 it violates their agreement with thier dealers. Also getting a 27c could take over 6 weeks.

He then goes on to tell me the 26 may have the same problem both the 25's have had. Here is what happened. Lowrance received a number of complaints from salt water anglers about the lack of bottom definition. To solve this they issued an update which was either 6 or 7 to increase sensitivity. That helped the deep water anglers but it over sensitized the unit for shallow water anglers. The result is the receiver is overloaded with signal which causes the depth to flash and lose some bottom tracking. The temporary cure is to manually back the sensitivity down to 60 percent or so and not have the auto on. He forsees an update coming out to correct the update which caused this but he doesnt know when it will be out. He expects soon.

Meanwhile Lowrance is to have shipped my new (26c) to the local rep and once he received it he is to install it.

Hope this info helps someone else..

7. Shanadoia

Shanadoia New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well that sure was a kick in the jaw friend..I hope ya get everything going because i know how i depend on my unit soo much..I really like my bottomline 5300...its the best i ever had yet..good luck and good fishing to ya!