Lowrance HDS with Structure Scan

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by FlatheadDreaming, Dec 11, 2009.

1. FlatheadDreaming

FlatheadDreaming New Member

State:
    Grain Valley
    I have herd alot of people wanting to know what lowrance's new structure scan would look like and how it would compair to Humminbirds si. Found this video of it on you tube.

[youtubevid]SlO6naQL0m0[/youtubevid]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2009
  2. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    :big_smile: way to go young man thats a neat video with cool info ya found !!!!!!!!

thanks for posting it and sharring that new unit with us :wink:!!!

reps to ya

now i want 1 even more :angry::angry: hope ive been a good boy and santa shows up !!!!!

3. hook'em

hook'em New Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    my first truck cost less than that rig.. lmao!

hook'em

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Morris for sharing the video. I've been waiting to see that. That is the cats meow. Reps.

5. medford

medford New Member

State:
    pleasant h
    going up sat to look at one i must of been a gooood boy this year thanks santa your the man i hope!

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    That is amazing what they can do with those units nowadays. My wife thanks you Morris for showing me something else that I want real bad that I cant afford. Now I just need to find someone who likes me enough to buy me one:smile2:. How about it Morris?

Tom

7. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    yep I need to find someone too!!! I was thinking about maybe sellin my body at a goin rate of $20.00 a pop to all the cougars at the local bar, calculating the nights i will come up empty handed and adding in the tips i might recieve, i should beable to get one in about 3 years.:tounge_out::tounge_out::wink: What do ya think Tom, sounds like a plan don't it!!

8. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I was waiting to see what lowrance would come up with. Hummingbird was owning the market with there side view. I'm wondering whos going to make one that only finds record fish. :smile2:

9. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well thanks. I thought I wanted a Humminbird. Now I have to find more info on this unit.

10. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Either way you will have an awesome depth finder!!! I think hummingbird is going to come out with the down scan add on soon and i heard that they are going to make the fish show up as red speckles insted of white so they will show up clearer and be easier to depict. I think if you wait one more year they will really have these things fine tuned to be much more user friendly. But then again they could probably be updated through online apps, who knows, but i think the depthfinder war is on, i know if i had the money i would buy one now???!!!

11. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

well young man lets bet on this what do ya say ???

we can go to cow patties in warsaw and who ever eats the monster 1 lb burger the quickest buys the other 1 of theese units

what do ya say is it a double dog dare kinda bet ???

I love that chrismast story movie lol

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Morris that is a good idea for a young man like you. But I am probably older and more wore out than the cougars. So I wouldnt last long and I would have to pay them:smile2::smile2::smile2:. I am going to have to figure out how to afford one of the hummingbirds or lawrance's. Man that would be nice.

Tom

13. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    about what does it cost?

14. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Dont know I am so broke I am affraid to ask:smile2:.

Tom

15. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    I'm still using my X-17 I got 5 years ago. It still finds fish really good. By the way, just because you can find them, don't mean you can catch them. :wink: LOL

16. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Humminbird will have down-imaging this month or January (can't recall). You will get it via a software download, no equipment to buy.

I am intrigued by the Lowrance units but there have been some quality control issues with the flimsy front bezel and water-intrusion on some units.

I already have the 1197 so it would cost too much for me to play with the HDS 10.

I'd run both but don't have the dashboard room and the freqs would interfere with each other.

Two 10 inch screens would be COOL though.:eek:oooh:

17. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    thanks for the video

18. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    It will be interesting to see the reports on the Lawrance model. I know there will be a lot of coparing these two units against each other. I have been in boats with the hummingbird. Looking forward to seeing one to the Lawarance units. Both make good products.

Tom

19. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    Lowrance has fixed the problems the unit had when they first came out, some units had a bad seel, causing water damage, but since then they have fixed the problem. If you buy one with updated software you are ok! Some places know the good ones and the bad ones others do not, not all stores have taken the bad ones off the shelf!! Beware of buying on ebay for a while to reduce the risk of getting one of the bad ones until they all have a chance to get out of the system!! But lowrance has extended the warrenty on the hds models just encase you get one!!! I would feel free to buy with confidence! My buddy that sells these units said lowrance is providing excellent coustomer service with these if you did happen to get one of the unit from when they were first realeased!:smile2:

20. FlatheadDreaming

State:
    Grain Valley
    You dont need one of these buddy, your boat is already probably one of the most awesome boats any catfisherman could ever want!!!!!! I guess you could use the other one as a tv, or as a radar unit!!!:smile2::tounge_out::smile2: Man i could only imagin the amount of girls i could pick up in that thing if you would let me set in it while you pulled me through the Mcdonalds drive through. Lets put it this way if i had it I would take my date to the DRIVE IN and we would watch the movie while setting/ laying in the boat!!!!!:tounge_out::tounge_out::smile2::smile2::roll_eyes: Can I barrow it!!!!:big_smile::smile2: