Lowrance HDS Update

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by tbull, Nov 16, 2009.

1. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Has anyone with an HDS unit downloaded the latest software upgrade to their HDS? I did and now everything seems different. The sonar does not seem as strong now? Before I couldn't even bump the sensitivity above 70 without the screen getting to cluttered to even read. Now it seems I have to get well into the 90's to pick up good arches. Anyone have this problem? Or anyone that downloaded the update know anything that I am missing here? I know the main reason for the release to was to download all the neccesary software for the strucute scan, but now everything seems screwed up??:confused2:

2. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    If you are talking about the Oct update, yeah it changed things a little. I just figured it was because it reallocated resources for other things like the Structure Scan overlay. I just had to tweek it a bit more and got back to where I was reading the same. It still seems to have more than enough power to run all the apps. Mine is a 7, if that makes a difference.

3. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Mine is a 7 to, do you run yours on auto mode? Or do you tweek the sensitivity yourself?

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No, the only thing I run in auto is depth.

5. Tool958

Tool958 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for keeping us posted on the updates. I've got a HDS-8 coming. It is supposed to be here tomorrow. Am looking forward to getting to play with it and learn the unit. Going to Kentucky Lake next week and planning on going to Florida and trying it out in the Tampa area, in February. Plan to get the Navionics Platinum card for that area. I think it will be especially nice on waters I don't know. Was told to wait until after the first of the year, by Navionics for the new updated version. Plan to get the structurescan when it comes out and the bugs have been worked out of it.