lowrance H2O

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by slowboat, Dec 14, 2007.

1. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just purchased a H2O handheld GPS for my boat mainly for ploting trails that I run at night.I am looking for some feed on the Lowrance MapCreate 7 Mapping Software. Has anyone used it, and what do you think, when it was last updated. I'm trying to decide if I want to buy it or not.
    ths hal

2. Eurolarva

Eurolarva New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It really depends on what you want to do. If you are mainly going to use the H2O for fishing then you might be better off with either the Lakemaster chip or the Navonics chip. If you mainly use the GPS for traveling with your car then mapcreate is the best choice. Mapcreate gives you much better road information, fast food locations, restaurants and more. It also allows you to upgrade the H2O firmware and software via the card reader. You can download the newest revision from Lowrance and make a copy to the SD card and install it into your H2O. I mainly use mine to fish so I bought the Navonics chip and it has over 8000 detailed lakes on it.

3. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How do you like the Novanics Pros @ Cons

4. Eurolarva

Eurolarva New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I love the navonics. The biggest con I have is it is slow on the H2O. The reason is the chip is loaded with over 8000 lakes. Another con is that the closest you can get on the map is down to 1/8 mile versus the lake master map that goes to .02 miles. I live in Minnesota which has over 10,000 lakes. I fish probably fish close to 30 or 40 of them and all the lakes are on Navonics and this includes the lakes I fish in Wisconsin. Lakemaster only has about 2000 lakes and most of the lakes I fish are not on the chip. Lake master has better mapping for roads as well and Navonics has no road information. When you go to menu to use the Navonics chip you loose all road details till you turn it off. What is really cool is I fished a lake called Mille Lacs and It was late night and pitch dark out. Navonics told me to the right in front of my boat was a bouy and it was there. On that lake I dont need a depth finder because the map is that accurate. I want to buy mapcreate because I use my H20 in my car more then I do fishing. However if you fish the navonics chip is an awsome tool.