Lowrance Fishfinder

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by jim, Jun 14, 2006.

1. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I have noticed in reading many of the daily threads that some of you dont have a fishfinder.I have a Lowrance X-85 which was a top of the line model several years ago.3ooo watts of power,great definition all in all the best in its day.I will give it FREE to any BOC member that wants it!!!!!:smile2: The only problem is I don't have a transducer or power cable for it.Both can be purchased from LEI on their website and I think both will set you back about 75$ total .So for 75$ you can have one of the best finders Lowrance ever made.I would offer it first to Arlington if he reads this but anyone seriously wanting it just send me your address and I'll ship it to you.:smile2:

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That's a good deal for someone, Jim! Can't go wrong for that kind of money. Mighty nice of you to offer the unit.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thanks Tommy hope you guys got lots of rain and they are pulling water.I think the lakes needed a good flushing out.We are getting it here now so hopefully all our lakes are full up for the summer.:smile2:

4. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't had a chance to check the flows today, but the rain should definitely help things. I did notice the Santee & Cooper rivers were muddy today, and that's a big change. They've been really clear lately.
    Jim, if noone else wants that Lowrance X-85, I'll take it. You can just bring it when you come this way again. I've been wanting another good unit for my other boat (it's got an old X-51), but if someone else can use it, that's fine.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Tommy I have a taker for the unit.I hope you guys got lots of water its still raining alittle up here.Will be down to Harrys for the 4th.Have the mayflies hatched yet?:smile2:

6. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    Dang missed it again! :angry: Just bought one. Got tired of punching a pole down in the water checkin the depth. :crazy: Seriously though, that's real nice of you Jim. I'm sure you made someone's day.

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jim, I've been so busy I haven't talked to anyone about the mayflies. I had about 3-1/2" of rain here, so maybe they will start turning loose a little water, now. Maybe I'll get a chance to see you guys over the 4th while you're down.

8. busadave

busadave New Member

State:
    ky
    doesnt sound bad

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    anyone looking for a cheap decent fish finder Bass Pro has the Eagle Cuda 168 on sale for 49.88 might even pick up a Bass Pro paper that shows all the sales and take it to ole wally world and get it even cheaper. They have the same unit for 74.00 just show the BPS add and they will comp it for you.

10. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    fellows somebody getting a nice unit thats what i use and i like it alot.

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Thanks John I know you had mentioned that you didnt have one.I'll keep my eyes peeled here because along the coast lots of goodies show up at yard sales etc.It is my policy that if I have things like drift socks,reels, fishfinders etc that I'm not using any more but they are still perfectly servicable, to offer them to BOC members.Member generousity towards each other is one of the things that has always impressed me about our brotherhood.:smile2:

12. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats the spirit Jim, I take back every thing bad I ever said about you LOL.
    It's people like you that make the brotherhood, WTG.
    rep. points your way bro......

13. Jones

Jones New Member

State:
    TX
    This is my first day as a part of the web community, "Brotherhood of Catfishermen." I must say that Jim's offer was very kind and speaks well for this site.
    Just browsing the forums.
    Jones