Lowrance Customer Service is Poor (IMHO)

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by FishinginDavenport, Jul 11, 2007.

1. FishinginDavenport

FishinginDavenport New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Bought a LCX 25c from Cabelas back in the winter on closeout. The boat was put in the water around Memorial Day. After three weeks the display started freezing up, changing from raw data to fish symbols on its own and the depth would flash. Sent it in to Lowrance. In one week they sent it back with a new transducer. Good Service, I was impressed! Come to find out they send the wrong transducer.

Called and sat on hold for 30 minutes, had to give up, called 2nd time and was on hold for 53 minutes, had to go so left voice mail as they suggested. No reply. Sent an email, no reply. Tried a third morning and got thru after 15 mins. The girl said she would send a new/correct transducer out right away. That was Friday. Still not here on Wednesday but the return form arrived in the mail to send the wrong unit back. Called again and was on hold for 45 mins. Finally got a customer service rep named Barbara. I quick gave her an alternate phone number for me since my cell battery was by now almost gone. She repleied she couldnt call back till after 5 as they were very busy. NO KIDDN!! She said they had sent the correct transducer out via regular mail!!

Being in customer service and having 5 years experience in a busy call center I find it absurd they have hold times over an hour and also refuse to call you back if contact is lost for any reason. If I would have been in their situation I would have overnighted or at least second day delivery to make up for their mistake. Then this Barb tells me regular mail is just as fast as UPS or FedEX. Wonder what planet she comes from.

Lowrance Customer Service rates a 2 on a scale of 10..

2. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Don't feel bad. I broke my transducer mounting bracket for my Humminbird. Ordered it on line. Checked status of the order and it told me I needed to contact Humminbird (3rd party handling their internet orders) immediately. Waited on hold for 30 minutes to find out everything was fine. Took 6 days to get my bracket. Guess the lesson is not to have any problems with your depthfinder, no matter what brand...:smile2:

3. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    Lowrance finally got the transducer here today. Six days from Oklahoma to Iowa via regular mail. Besides the lady being rude I guess she didnt know what she was talking about..

4. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    No change in the unit. After all the grief I went thru I took the boat out tonight and used the depth finder/gps. Within 5 minutes the same old problem resurfaced to a "T". Here we go again....I had a feeling it wasnt the transducer. I called Cabellas since I bought the unit from them back in December. They said they could do nothing and it was up to Lowrance. They said they would email me a contact persons name but never received the email from Cabellas.:sad2: Anybody know anybody at Lowrance??

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Try Linda Colt.
    lcolt@lowerance.com
    1-800-334-1356 x 8747

Have had excellent results talking to her. Has helped a lot of people I know. Let us know what happens.

6. FishinginDavenport

State:
    Iowa
    Monday morning I lucked out and got thru in 15 mins. I think I spoke to Crystal. She wanted me to send it back again. I very politely informed her I didnt want to ever get it back again. It has been in transit more than in my boat.

With that she took it upon herself to find another LCX25c, shipped it out the same day and I received it this afternoon. Basically 30 hours after I called. Said she wouldnt even wait to get the old one back first and would NOT charge a transfer fee. WOW!! Thats what I was hoping would happen. Someone with good customer service skills and the desire to help. Yahh Lowrance, you have a winner in her.

In addition I was able to locate a Lowrance rep who returned my call and wants to observe the old and new LCX25's on my boat this weekend. Will let you know what else I find out...

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Duane,

I'm sorry you had such bad luck with Lowrance. I drive right by Lowrance twice a day on my way in to work and then back home. Heck, I applied for a technical support job there about 3 months ago. Funny thing is, I was standing in their office, and was told that they couldn't accept my resume, that I had to go home and submit it online. Talk about warped.

8. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Glad to here you finally got some satisfaction. Maybe they will get you taken care of now. It certainly sounds like they are being a little more responsive anyway and at least acting like they value your business.

9. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I am the "non-tech" of the two of us, so when my more technically advanced better 1/2 had trouble with his new (@three months old) depth finder we also tried the company /no answer-left message tried again same again again again Called Cabela's. Said their warranty had already elapsed, but company had 1 yr warranty. Explained the difficulty in contacting the company & had to get a little pissy (I am told I am good at that part:eek:oooh:)
    Cabela's agreed to contact company for me. They tried & tried & tried. On the 3rd failure to reach any assistance, Cabela's (this is the amazing part)
    sent a pre-paid postal stamp for package, requested we pack it back up & return to them direct, and gave my hubby credit for the depth finder and the original postage. He picked out a different manufacturer, loves his new depth finder, and we cannot say enough about Cabela's! They were amazing.

10. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    yeah, sounds like u finally got thru to the right person!
    I have had good luck w/ hummingbird on the 2 issues i had to call them about.
    One was on a unit over 20 yrs old (supersixty)

11. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I must say that I've had good experience with Lowrance on the few occasions I needed help with something. It takes several days for an email response sometimes, but they always respond. Phone contact is the best way to go if you're in a rush. Sure, it can be frustrating getting through to someone at times (early morning works best for me), but what large company isn't hard to reach these days? Try getting through to a human voice at my cellular service....I can drive to the local office quicker.
    I have to say that I've also had to deal with Garmin on a couple of issues and they were also pretty easy to deal with. Glad you finally got what you needed, and I hope it works out for you. :big_smile: