Lowrance Broadband Sounder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by mandingo, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas

2. Hannibal Mike

Hannibal Mike New Member

State:
    Hannibal, MO
    I called Lowrance two weeks ago about something else and the rep told me about these, but they were not on the market yet. Supposedly they only work with fairly new lowrance fishfinders. I have not seen the price, but heard they were pricey. Next year they might be in the new models and cheaper, but who knows? Hannibal Mike

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I would say 6 bills for one is little pricey. Plus another $149 if you want to hook to more than one. Someone try it and let me know. LOL

4. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Humminbird has the SI patents locked up so they're reaching:wink:

5. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Bought one yesterday and installed it (very simple) will try it out tomorrow and post results

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    There is an excellent article on this item in the latest Saltwater SPortsman magazine.Amazing what this thing will do as far as definition and depth penetration with only 2000w of power.It is costly and only works with 2007 and newer models.I expect this to be built in for 2009 models.I dont think HB has an exclusive patent on SI as Lowrance offered a 3 transducer version of SI a while back.They went away from it because they couldnt overcome the problem HB has also.It doesnt work very welll at 5mph or more nor in rough water.Also the fish arent displayd as arches but rather dots or short lines for some reason.Again good write up of SI in Trailer Boats recently.The advantage of this Lowrance sounder is it dispalys the bottom,fish etc at high speed also.The software program provides remarkable clarity of signal and eliminates virtually all interference.I think Ill wait until its built in :big_smile:

7. harley5247

harley5247 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    tried the broadband sounder out this weekend and I could mark fish at faster speed and I think with a little practice it's gonna be real nice, better bottom definition however I didn't get a chance to try it in deep water only about 10 foot deep so far but it seemed like the deeper the water the better it looked. I marked shad at about 10-12 mph in 6-8 foot of water, found a whole bucket full of shad in no time when everyone else was having trouble. So far I think it's worth the money but stay tuned and I will give it a good try out this weekend.

8. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    pretty expencive concidering you have to buy a sonar to go with it, 797 si also has a high speed kit and you just cant beat the image. this is a stab at keeping there customers I think. I have a 997 and cant see the sonar image outweighing the side image for finding structure(it can look way out to side.)
    this is what bait looks like on mine

Attached Files:

9. I'm looking at the broadband sounder too.
    If anyone has the chance to post a photo screenshot with trolling speed and fast in the same screen, it would give a great chance to evaluate the clarity at both ends of the throttle range.