Lowrance® X510C, anyone have one?

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by Catfish Pursuit, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    My old cheapie Humminbird 200dx crapped out on me, never had a sonar type unit before and have used/seen Steve Brown's and it rocks but I don't need all that GPS and maps, just a basic sonar unit with features. This one looks pretty good for the price, just wanted input. Definately alot of depth finder for my 14 foot 25hp jon boat but hey, why not? Thanks in advance! Chris

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have the 510c and I love it, i wish i would have gotten a GPS unit but for the price its worth every penny.

3. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I got the 510c-gps-and the latest maps....excellent so far:wink:

4. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Most years. at the end of the year, the mfgs change models. After christmas and before the boat shows start at the end of January, deals can be found on the internet. I bought my unit for half price from BW online, as it was a model close out.
    Good luck and let us know what you decide on!
    Lindsay

5. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I have the 522 with the GPS. I also bought the hotmaps card for my region. I love the gps part and am learning the sonar part. It's my first unit so I have a ways to go before I graduate.

Lowrance makes a quality product, at least what I've been using in the airplanes I fly. I can't imagine their fishing stuff being junk. Keep us posted with what you do.