lowfalls tourney

Discussion in 'TOURNAMENT TALK' started by boedict, Jun 8, 2009.

1. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Want to have a one night catfish tourney.I was thinking about a sat. night put in at 7:00 and have weigh in at 7:00 sun. morning.entry fee will be 50$ per boat 2 people per boat and no more than 6 rods per boat.100% pay back to top three spots.We can do big fish 10$ per person 100$ pay back. I havent ever put one on before but cant be that hard. Need some feedback not going to be worth messing with if I cant get some people to fish. I think it would be a good time and it wouldnt cost a bunch.Let me know Im thinking sat june 20th or sat june the 27th.:tounge_out:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I don't think you are supposed to talk about tourneys on the BOC unless they approve it. Thought I would mention that. Also there is a night tourney going on at Wateree on the 27th. put on by the Catawba Catfish Club. Maybe you should come out and fish that one with us. It's going to be a good one and I think there will be a record crowd.

3. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We would definately be interested in something like that. I would promote anything in the upper Santee area and really love the night time stuff. My biggest suggestion is to try and make it as people friendly as possible. Make it more social and less competition based. For me, it really needs to be a fun event that appeals to as broad a spectrum of participants as possible. I haven't been able to figure out why tournament holders want to limit the numbers of people and rods per boat. People should be rewarded for bringing more folks into the sport. What does it hurt? I don't usually catch bigger fish when there are 4 people in the boat than I do when there are 2 but sometimes the extra company makes it a lot more fun. As long as every team pays the same entry fee and weights in a controled number of fish what difference does it really make how many people are in the boat or how many rods they use. My wife and I usually fish with another couple. We would all love to fish more events but most of the tournaments I've seen charge you more to have extra fishermen even though the chance of winning doesn't really improve. All that means is you have more to lose and less to gain by inviting other people to fish with you. I wish I could find an organization that stress participation above payouts at their tournaments / events. :big_smile:

4. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds good I might just have to do that where can I get some info on it. Why no tourney talk i missed that one.

5. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    mudfish I was just trying to put some things together. WE can do as manny people and as many rods as you guys want.Im open to anything.and as far as entry fee im open on that I would like to get a little once a month one night tourney together.And as far as a time we can start when ever and end whenever. I just think it would be fun.Maybe do one one month at lowfalls and the next month at 301.

6. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    You can talk about tourneys as long as they stay in the Catfish Tournament Section,you just cant talk them up in the Main State Forum section,they have to be in the Catfish Tournament Talk section or General Tournament section.
    The catawba Catfish Club schedule/rules and all other tourney related items is in the Tournament section on there own page,would be glad to have you come up and join us if you like.
    We charge $20 a head for ours and no matter how many per boat as long as it falls within DNR regs.That way each fisherman has a paid entry,just a thought.