Lowfalls question

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dudley-1, Oct 26, 2008.

1. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Hey fellas can you get out into the flats from stumphole or low falls now with a v hull boat without worry of getting stuck?Havent been in a while.Thanks for any help.sam

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I haven't been up there in a while, but I would guess that if you try it, you had better be sure where you're going. From Low Falls down to about the state park, it will very shallow in most places, but off from the state park, near CM# 146, you can probably pick your way back onto the flats. Just my thinking, since I spent several hours dragging my 16' flatbottom duracraft across a mud flat and away from the vultures up there last year, near the blowout. :wink:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    We put in at Lowfalls all the time. It's the closest to home. It is possible to get into the river from lowfalls and then to any flat you want. Be careful it can shallow up fast.

Go slow, use a spotter and remember to tells us where you caught those big fish. :smile2::smile2:

4. dudley-1

dudley-1 New Member

State:
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    Thanks fellas.Thats about the only place I fish at santee but with the low water the last couple years I havent been many times.Tommy I have been on one of the throw out the ancor to pull the boat thru the shallow spot deals also,that mud is deep too.I usually got to the second cut thru coming from low falls.Any of you guys ever caught anything in that deep water at the cut thru?

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I caught quite a few cats farther down on the shallow water last fall, but the water was about 3' lower at the time. I could see the fish feeding on the north side of the river bends where the water entered the flats, but at that time it was too shallow to get through with the boat, so I would set up as shallow as I could get on the edge and cast to the fish feeding in the current coming across the mud bars. Most of those fish were in the 8-12# range.