lowfalls landing river report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by boedict, Jun 11, 2009.

1. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Went to the river lastnight only got to fish 15 min. before a storm hit so I had to take it to the house.The river is still high and muddy with a lot of trash floating.Bait was easy caught a net full of thread fin and a couple big gizard shad.If these storms stop I may get to do some fishing:angry:HAPPY fishing to all:big_smile::tounge_out::smile2:

2. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Thanks Troy,

That was a doosie of a storm last night. I'm glad to hear you made it off in time. I was wondering if you were going to have any local news for us before the weekend.

I was planning to camp on the river this weekend myself but the water levels have discouraged me a little. I check it everyday when I go by and it'll be a few days before it clears up and comes down to my liking. I have a lunch in Columbia Saturday so I'm thinking about taking the boat and hitting one of the lakes instead.

I'm suprised you're still doing so well with the bait. Are you throwing in the gap at low falls or along the grass at the blow outs? I've been meaning to try to set up a better tank system at the house. What I've got is great with bream and other hard-scaled fish but I think it would be neat to see if I could keep shad for any period of time. I threw out my back trying to throw a net last year and have been holding back ever since. It makes finding bait a big time consumer when you live and fish in Ft. Motte but have to drive to Santee or Columbia before you go to the river. It's either that or bream fishing for a couple of hours before dark.

3. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Yea in the gap and catchn alot of them right out on the river right against the weeds.Im going to go back later tonight or tommarrow,If the rain holds out and I get to fish Ill let you know how the bite is.I save some of my shad and freeze them but like fresh much better.If you want me to save you a bunch I can there better than no bait or haven to drive allover to get it.We need to get together up where you fish id like to throw the net there and see what we can do.You can put them in your tank and see if they last.

4. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina

We do need to get after them one evening. It seems like my schedule this summer is going to play out well for some serious fishing. Now if I could just get the river levels to cooperate I'd have it made. This is still better than drought though. I'm gonna try to put a new trolling bar on the boat this weekend and I'm sure I'll be dying to get on the water sometime this week.