lowfalls landing river report

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by boedict, Jun 4, 2009.

1. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Went to the river last night to see what the water was like.She is still running good but the mud has cleared up and the trash aint so bad. had to throw the net for 45 min. to catch bait.There was bait there just not alot of it.Got started fishing about 8 and stayed till 10. action was good between 9 and 10 caught 5 fish biggest was a 24# blue a 18# blue a 8# blue and 2 stripers one 21 inches long and the other 28" 9#. Had one other good run on a one pound gizard shade but didnt get the hook in him could of been the big one of the night.:angry: any way it was a nice night on the river.Got some pics. HAPPY FISHING TO ALL:smile2::smile2:

Attached Files:

2. mudfishmusic

mudfishmusic New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good report. You keep after it and you're gonna turn yourself into the Zen Master of Low Falls:big_smile:. I rode down to the 601 Bridge to go for a short swim with my 2 Labs last night and it has definately cleared up a bunch this week. I told my wife that the fishing ought to be right last night. THe water looked and smelled great. Wish I could get out this week but it looks like it's gonna be next weekend. Keep us informed.

3. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    Not to sound like the police, more of a friendly reminder, but it is June now so there is no possession of stripers allowed. Good catch though. I am thinking about 601 this weekend since the Wateree is still running hard.

4. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Thanks for the info I knew they had to be 26" but didnt know about the season.:crazy:

5. deerhntr22

deerhntr22 New Member

State:
    Greenville, SC
    Nice report....glad to see that the fishing is getting a little better...:big_smile:

6. 1bluesman

1bluesman Member

State:
    South Carolina,
    how far do you usually go up river dont want your spot just wondering if it would be closer to go in at 601 and run down im in eastover thanks

7. boedict

boedict New Member

State:
    south carolina
    I dont go up river varry far i fish down river closer to the lake.