Lower White River in Arkansas

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by Arkie55, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Information on the lower White River is in demand. Can anyone help with information about boat ramps, camp grounds, motels, cabins, fishing spots, and so on? Danny, what about that area you fish down there? Any camping sports? Might be a good place for a mini or full blown gathering.

2. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Terry, jacksonport has a campground right by the sandbar and its nice! Black and white both are there. Bradford ramp you can camp right at the ramp. Augusta, i'd have to poke around a little but i'm sure i can find somewhere. Hurricane refuge has camping grounds right off the bank of the river. The georgetown ramp i'll have to get back with ya on that since i've never put in there. We are having a tourney there in a couple weeks so i'll know more here shortly and give ya a shout. Des arc has a park right on the bank of the river. I'll check and see if they allow camping there. Devalls bluff just redone their ramp. There might be a place to camp right by the ramp since they redone everything there. On the other side of the river they had a nice park so i'm sure somewhere close theres a place to camp. This part of the river is a nice place to fish. Good fishing there and clarendon. Clarendon the same. I'd have to poke around a little but cache and white converge there. I'd have to check and see but maybe they allow camping right by the ramp. Just let me know what ya have in mind and i'll see what i can do about finding somewhere.

3. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Danny,
    It just seems to me we need to explore other places to fish. For example, you were a White and Black River guy until you ventured to the Mississippi. Well, there are a lot of us that just don't take advantage of what we have. The White River has been known as a catfishing hot spot for years but we don't ever see much posted about it. The section from Newport to Arkansas City is a lot of river and we need to know more about it. Where to camp, where to launch, type of cover holding fish, where the Cash joins, where the Red joins, ect. I just think we're missing out on so much by only talking about and fishing the big two, Mississippi, and Arkansas. We should encourage visiting and fishing these other great rivers in our state. You know what the Black and White holds. I'm sure the lower White and Cash rivers are real good too. Then there is the lower St. Francis and even the upper St. Francis. We need to make it a point to do all we can to encourage others to discover how good the fishing is on some of the rivers they driver over on their way to another spot. That's my thinking. I want to expand my fishing. Heck, if I drive 3 hours to fish the lower St. Francis, I can drive 3 hours to fish the lower White.

4. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey terry,i live about 20 minutes from henry grey hurricane lake wma and there is plenty of room to camp. you can camp on white river but the boat landing is really bad. you can go on down to red river landing and put in no problem. it will take about 5 minutes to get to white river from there. some real good pole fishing. i have hung some since we met and let them get away. no telling how big they was. i can show you around in that area if you want me to. good luck fishing. robbie

5. Arkie55

Arkie55 New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    Thanks Robbie. I'll take you up on that offer. Just as soon as I get time and you have time.

6. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Welcome to the boc robbie. Where are you from? Its always nice to meet people that fishes the same waters. We always use the red river ramp since its nice and paved. Isn't there a camp ground right at the ramp or is that just a big mowed spot for parking? I know theres a campground right off the bank of the white. We have camped there before.

Terry, thats a whole lot of water to cover. We've done a few floats from jacksonport to clarendon. It was more like a floating party but being on the river is on the river if you know what i mean. We never did wet a hook but it did cross my mind a few times. Clarendon is pretty neat being where cache and white converge. They channelized about 7 miles of cache river and the old river channel winds back and forth around the main canal that was dug. We always do well down that way and catch more fish. Especially clarendon and devalls bluff and i have no idea why.

7. robbie

robbie New Member

State:
    bald knob,
    hey three rivers, i live in bald knob. i have fished the white scince i was big enough to go fishing. you floated past some real good fish in my area. you guy's should look at the game and fish web site thay have a atlas that has every you need to find your way to any boat landing in arkansas. i got and it has helped me more than once. robbie

8. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    hey robbie, bring ur sorry butt to merrisach gathering ........ i may need some more work on my motor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!