Lower unit noise

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bsu_catfisher, Dec 6, 2009.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I was checking my prop today which needed tightened up a little. While working on it we noticed that when you turned the prop by hand we could hear a clicking noise in the lower unit. The noise was almost like when the motor dies on you while you are moving and it is still in gear. Does anyone have any good ideas what could be going on? Is this a bad sign that my lower unit is going out?

2. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Eean,:big_smile: on the boc homepage scroll down to the heading repair help. Post this question there and you will more than likely get some replies. They were a lot of help to me.

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    the clicking is either a bad bearing about to fail or the shift fork down there not hitting right ad might need adjusted

4. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    If I was you I would look into it. I lost a bearing on my boat and it took out my entire lower unit. I hit a log and it started the whole process.:smile2::smile2:

5. old newbie

old newbie New Member

State:
    indiana
    Your a better man than me if you can tell that story and put 2 smiley faces after it.:wink:

6. Shad Man

Shad Man New Member

State:
    Tyler, TX
    I have had two months to get over it. Including the $500 bill.:cool2::cool2::smile2::smile2: