Lower Saluda River

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by zebcohobo202, Sep 14, 2005.

1. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

I fish the lower saluda behind the Lake Murray dam until it's confluence with the broad below Riverbanks Zoo. Does anyone fish this stretch? I fish it for the striper. I have caught 1 little catfish out of there just below the dam on a piece of corn intended for a trout. Are there big catfish or is the water too cold? Let me know.

2. RedEye_Allen

RedEye_Allen New Member

State:
    Red Bank , South Carolina
    Oh Yeah Big Cats Right Behind the Damn. Herring or Garlic'd Chicken Livers at about 15 Foot and You will Bring em in All Day long. My Uncle's Personal Best came from right behind the damn. 65 Pounder. Don't remember what Species of Cat it was but i Know he was Big.

I Catch 5 - 15 Pounders there All Day Long when i get the chance to go.

3. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    how do you get right behind the dam

4. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

I was going to ask that same question flathead. The nearest spot I know is hope ferry well, it's James Metts Landing now. I've never been up that far I'd love to be able to walk the bank up there though.

5. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    also does it join with congaree or is it a seperate river altogether?

6. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

The Saluda is it's own river until it's confluence with the Broad to make the Congaree river. I believe that's right anyway

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Thats right. Then the Congaree mets the Wateree River just above Lake Marion.

8. RedEye_Allen

RedEye_Allen New Member

State:
    Red Bank , South Carolina
    In Order to get to The back of the damn. Just go to Metts Landing and Go Upsteam Till you see the Damn. You can Get about 50 Feet away from the Damn. There is a Rope There. Just fish off the Bottom .

Your Welcome

9. flatheadhunterx

State:
    South Carolina
    are there any bank access there cause i have heard there are alot of rocks and you shouldnt go up river unless you know it well or go with some one who does and all i have is a pontoon.