Lower Salt River Report 5/16/09

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Rcaarizona, May 17, 2009.

1. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Crazy night last night. Landed nothing, but reeled in about a 30-35 pounder, and had him shake me off 2 feet from shore. That was around midnight, Then Something hit my pole at 230 am like a freight train, set the hook, the fight was not on, it felt like i was snagged. So I pulled and pulled, then the fight was on. I never saw fish, but my buddy says it was the biggest he had ever seen (doesnt mean anything, biggest he had ever seen was a 30ish pounder). Long story short, i thought he shook or rolled off, and ended up pulling out a straitened 8/0 hook. Gotta love the big ones. That is the one problem where I fish, you cant let them run, there is not enough room to let them or they will put you in all kinds of snags and crap.

2. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Work sucks!!ARRGHHHH!!:smile2: Sounds like a fun time for sure!

3. azhunter23

azhunter23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks for the report. I live out here in east mesa and never tried the lower salt for cats. I have always wondered how the fishing was near the dam right there were power rd turns.

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I do beleive you had the invite!! BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOO you chose to work instead LOL HA HA HA.......Just kidding ya!!!!

5. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    It sucks right there. Why people think Granite Reef is good, Ill never know why. Go to the places off the beaten trail, and non receration areas, that you have to hike into for good catfishing. Maybe people think Granite reef area is good because you might catch an occasional 5-10 pounder?!? If you could fish by the dam, that is excellent, however you cant even get close to the dam. the shoreline before the dam on the south side of river is fenced off way before dam. The North side will get you matching bracelets courtesy the Salt River Indian Police.

6. azhunter23

azhunter23 New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :smile2:

I will have to get out there and do some scouting. thanks again

7. brianthelion02

brianthelion02 New Member

State:
    arizona
    :smile2: Thats funny right there!!Whats up with these clouds right after 110 degree temps!!Here we go!!

8. catman13

catman13 New Member

State:
    ARIZONA
    :angry:

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Well I can show you several/ It is still in the back of my truck, Waterdawg, brianthelion, and vinny seen teh hook, and some were there when it happened.