Lower New River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by CatHunterSteve, Jun 8, 2009.

1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Any suggestions about where to fish lower New River? Radford, Montgomery or Giles areas....desperately seking catfish.
    Wife loves to catch, hates to fish gotta get her happy so she will keep wanting to go!:roll_eyes:

2. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    There are some good holes here in gile county. The turn in the river at eggelston is good to. I catch alot more channel cats down this way. Just bring plenty of creek chubs or helgramites, because there are alot of big smallies and muskie down this way also.

3. CatHunterSteve

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks bullydog, I have fished the waters with access from the campgrounds in the area of Narrows and GlenLen and as you cross the river at Wades on 100 for smallies but haven't done much catfishing in that area. I will have to head that way and see what I can find. I really appriciate your input and help!

4. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    Fish the bank along 460 westbound between Glen lyn and Rich Creek start fishing where a single power line crosses 460,work your way back to Rich creek. There are 4 more good spots closer to Rich creek. Starting at the head of the Island closest to Glen Lyn.

5. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    Went for about an 2 hours today caugt 4 in the first 45 minutes, Right above the narrows bridge behind Semco. All of of worms, I caught fifteen last night off crawdads. I also caught about 30 white bass last night off worms.

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Great info, Adam. Welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

7. CatHunterSteve

State:
    Snowville, Va
    Thanks for the reports Adam, that some good information. I have fished the area around the GlenLynn camping area up to the islands many times in the past, mostly for smallmouth. I did fish a the entrance of a feeder creek below the settling ponds for the electric plant a few years back and right in the mouth of that creek was a tree and overhanging bank, caught a couple of good flatheads in the deep water under that tree and overhanging bank. If you are down that was try it out, it's on the same side of the river as the power plant and just below the settling ponds.

8. bullydog

bullydog New Member

State:
    VA
    I fished there a couple years ago, but didnt hook up with anything.