Lower Mississippi River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by ilemons, Feb 23, 2007.

1. ilemons

ilemons New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Any body fish around Southeast Missouri? If so are you catching any big Catfish right now?

2. Terry Day

Terry Day New Member

State:
    Parkville, Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. I don't fish those waters but someone will come along that can help you!

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ivan Welcome to the BOC. I fish the Miss. from cape to Cairo. I have not been as yet. There is a website you might want to check out for this section of river. They fish the year around .Brownwaters.com. I hope this helps.:big_smile:

4. ilemons

ilemons New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mickey, thanks for the cool website.

5. SEMOcats

SEMOcats New Member

State:
    Jackson, Missouri
    Ivan, I fish the MS river around Cape and it's really high and full of junk right now. I fish with the Brownwater guys. We've been fishing for skipjack this winter getting ready for tournaments and the summer season.

6. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    Ivan, where abouts are you fishing on the Mississippi? I'm down here around New Madrid.

Matt, have you been catching skips on the river or have you been getting them elsewhere? About the closest I have gotten to a skipjack this winter was a nice 16" shad I netted on Friday, LOL.

It's a shame that there is no tourney up in Cape this year. I sure enjoyed the one in '06. Of course there isn't one in Caruthersville either this time around. The only one anywhere close, is going to be right here in New Madrid.