Lower Kaskaskia River Report

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by kennylee, May 29, 2008.

1. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Hey I would like to hear reports from the lower Kaskaskia from New Athens down to the Mississippi, this is my favorite strech of river to fish and I catch a lot of blues and flats in this part of the the river. I'll let you know how i'm doing, I fish at least once a week, I'd like to hear what every one else is doing.

2. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    If you get any report's let us know ...I 'v got some buddies down that way but their report's don't come in often enough...

3. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    :tounge_out:I am planning on trying that stretch of the river this summer. Well, I WAS planning on trying it before the baby was born! :wink::smile2:

4. kennylee

kennylee New Member

State:
    Missouri -
    Thanks Rex, I'm starting to think I'm the only one around that fishes the kaskaskia,lol. I see guys talking about baldwin lake all the time and can't believe these guys fish there until 7:00 and then pack up and go home when the kaskaskia is only 10 minutes away, but to each their own, I guess. I'm not going to be down there for another 3 weeks so as I soon as I start fishing I'll report it here.

5. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    Kenny you are right about Baldwin's hours. I have tried to fish from New Athens a few times. I never had much luck though. I have had a few locals that suggested fishing from Fayetteville. They seem to feel that since the river has been dredged at New Athens the fishing just isn't as good. I honestly couldn't give a good suggestion with my limited experience of that area.

6. Slick Skin

Slick Skin New Member

State:
    Charleston ILL.
    Kenny and Dan ,I try and get down there a few times a year ..I catch some nice fish at Fayetville and go up....my buddies fish there a lot ..they have had a couple of good night down there this spring ..but the water's been bank full for month's now....we have caught some nice fish there our biggest to date is a 70 pounder'''''..[​IMG]

7. Dan the Fisherman

Dan the Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ramsey, Illinois
    I plan on testing the waters at Cox bridge today. Will let you know how we come out. I live about 3 miles from the Kaskaskia River but in our area the river is usually to low to float a boat most of the year. I live between the lakes. They tend to hold water back for the recreational boats on Shelbyville during the bulk of the summer months. Hopefully the spring rains have allowed the river to clear the channel some. I might have a little time to get some fishing in before the water disappears this year.