Lower Guadalupe River

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by hawgman, Jan 15, 2008.

1. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Any of you ol Texas boys fish the Lower Guadalupe river between Victoria and the bay? Lots of nice catfish there. If you fish there how about some pictures. I am going to be fishing that part of the river as soon as I get my boat rigged out ( 17ft Xpress with 50 horse yamaha). Can't wait to get started.

2. hillcountryfishin

hillcountryfishin New Member

State:
    tx
    That's some good water down there. We have fished it near Tivoli before a few years back. Now days fish it from Seguin to Gonzales area....but it's shallow up here. gotta use a jon boat to get around.
    Let us know how ya do down there, I know there's some pretty blues to be caught for sure.
    Good Luck

3. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cliff, I will keep it posted. I know where you fish is good water also. Use to fish that part of the river yaers ago between Seguin and Belmont. All bank fishing and we had a good time and caught lots of kitties and shot lots of squirrel. I am getting my boat on the 24th this month and on the 25th will be in the river. Look out kitties here I come.

4. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Fish that area just below Victoria from the bank and do very well. Best places I have found are along the tall bluffs that are along the river. Have not been there in a while but plan on going later next month.
    Good luck
    JRBB00

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    welcome to the boc john & mark!!!!good to have ya!!

6. hawgman

hawgman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Thanks Will. Glad to be here. Learning lots of good stuff.
    John, If you are below Victoria in the next couple of weeks be careful and don't hook my boat as I go By. Lots of luck to you.

7. jrbb00

jrbb00 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Do not worry for the next three weeks I will be fishing the Navadad and Lake Corpus Christi up by Denero. So you should be fine. Talked to a freind of mine after the post and they are pulling out some nice blue cats out of the Guadalupe on limb lines at the moment. He would not tell me where or what bait unless I go with him but as usual life got in the way so no fishing for me till later this week.