Lower Colorado

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Widemouth, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Anyone heading out this weekend?

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    went out yesterday in boat. it's shallow. had hard time getting above martinez into top of ca channel. then the ditching and dodging to make it down channel. churned a lot of mud and dragged one older couple off bar.
    gary

3. bigfisher17

bigfisher17 New Member

State:
    arizona
    thinking about going to Bartlett this weekend? near the flatts

4. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Gary, you ever go above of Imperial dam?

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    that's where i fish at all the time. launch out of squaw lake almost all the time.
    gary

6. lilmonster23

lilmonster23 New Member

State:
    arizona
    is squaw lake on ca side? and is there a lot of shore access around imper dam area?

7. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    yes squaw is on ca side. there are some shore spots to fish, but not a lot. have indian reservation on ca side aways, and not much on az side unless you know where to go. i can get you to a few spots that i know has gave up fish if you ever decide to come this way.
    gary

8. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Is that where they shocked up that 85 pounder?

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Dont matter mbro, we will roll all over that area with "the gunt"

10. pr1mo5

pr1mo5 New Member

State:
    aj arizona
    I was thinking if Ralph named his boat "The Gunt" then if his wife named it would it have been named "The Gock"? lmao!!!:smile2:

11. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    they shocked it maybe 1 1/2 miles or so above the dam. maybe a little more. was within 400 yds of where i'd lost that one several times a couple yrs ago. don't know if same one, but it was busting 60 lbs line on me.
    i gave you offer once lilmonster23. it still stands. just kinda wrong time of yr for best time.
    gary

12. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    What's with the shallow water? I don't remember it being this shallow last year.

13. Widemouth

Widemouth New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I'll be out fishing again tomorrow. Probably put my canoe in at Betty's Kitchen and see how it looks just up from the Laguna Dam.

14. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    anyone having any luck anywhere out of the yuma area lately. just got back in country and am trying to see where i should focus my attention. am thinking of hitting the canals around the five fingers. any info would be great.

15. thunderchicken

thunderchicken New Member

State:
    Yuma Az
    Have seen a few pics of channels that guys are getting but not a lot of action. Water level in river is way low and temp is low too for much action. Canals would probably be your best bet. River level is low because water is being held farther up north and will probably remain that way for some time until snow pack levels can be determined. Have heard that levels up there are similar to what they were 20 years ago and there isn't much wiggle room for additional capacity so they may be letting some of it go down river before too long. Just my interpretation from what I hear on the grapevine. Tight lines.

:cool2:

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona

Glad to see you made it home Joey! I know you must have found a whole new kind of love for supporting 214! LOL!! God willing, I should be home just in time for the sping weather...hope to see ya then!

17. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Welcome back again Joey. I need to get out and go fishing as well...

Hit up "tofish" I'm sure he is chomping at the bit as well

Merry Christmas BOC...

18. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    joey, great to see you back. say i to you now, thanks for your time and service over in that big sand pond.
    i've no idea right now on fish. been trying them all. think this darn weather and low water is doing us wrong for fishing.
    gary