Lower Big Pee Dee 5 7 08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by Bill in SC, May 7, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Had a great day fishin' with catmaster James down on the lower Pee Dee. I, peglegreb, and catfishmick met James at his house at daybreak this morning and headed for the boat ramp. Fish weren't biting too good, but we managed a half dozen or so small ones. Saw lots of wildlife including the rare swallowtail kite. Learned a great deal about the waters of the lower Pee Dee. James is a great guide and host. Hard to find folks of his caliber this day and time! We appreciate it, bro! Here are a few pics from today. First is catfishmick with a nice flathead, followed by Eskimo the boat dog, and a pic of 3/4 of the motley crew of able seamen. :)
    Bill in SC

Attached Files:

2. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    that is a nice fish there catfishmick!

3. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    catmaster james- where can i get a clip on tree branch anchor like catfishmick was tellin me about?? he is my buddy and we fish together all the time. he told me about the boat trip at santee or somewhere like that! that sounds like a great idea to me! i am anxious to meet a fisherman of your caliber!!

captnmarty

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks fellows I had a great tim geeting to know everyone. The fishing was reallllllllllllllllllllll slow but we didnt get skunked though. Icant wait for all of us to get together soon.

The limb grabber can be purchased at Souths Finest in florence and is a great investment. Let me know when yall are ready to go and we will try and get on them.

5. captmarty

captmarty New Member

State:
    south carolina
    yea- i can't wait for all of us to get together

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Sounds like despite a slow bite, everyone had a great time. Sometimes my favorite part is watching and enjoying all the wildlife. Thanks for the pictures.

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Man, I just thought about it. I saw the doggonest thing yesterday. When we left the boat ramp to leave it was getting over into late afternoon. We had see a fine mature gobbler when we came in that morning. As we were leaving a huge gobbler flew by going in to roost for the evening. Well, that bogger flew right into a power line and crashed hard. We stopped the truck and David took his picture. It looked like he was just stunned. His neck wasn't broken. Hopefully his wings were ok. We left him lying on the ground but he was conscious.
    BB in SC

8. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    We also got to see a nesting pair of Bald eagles.

9. peglegreb

peglegreb New Member

State:
    s.c.
    james lets get togethre and vido some big cat some time. give me a call 843-439-3540.

10. fishwillie1

fishwillie1 New Member

State:
    Pamplico S.C.
    Hey fellas James told me about your trip. Glad you guys could get to this end of the river. Also glad that you had a good day even though you didn't catch alot you still had a good time. Hopefully we can all get together soon.